sodamntired

2000 To 20009

a lot of stuff I either forgot or did not realize happened in the past decade

final vote of the past decade, George W. Bush broke the world, we have progressed as a society, and there will always be something new to be concerned about, that doesn't really need our time.

I remember Terri Schiavo. she said Aqua to her family, but they still killed her.

I remember G W getting his second term and on of the baldwin brothers, not the attractive or talented or popular ones said that he was going to vote for the candidate with the most faith, which was clearly George.

Also remember some old guy was about to die, but he made wanted to vote first.

memories.

Saw this the other day and I couldn't help but feel like there was so much more other stuff that happened that was worthwhile, like Angela Merkel's win, the Russian-Georgian conflict, SARS... but what else is to be expected? Only 7 minutes and if it's an American publication, guess where most of the focus is going to be placed? Yep.

2012*. Hopefully before the Olympics.

Saw this the other day and I couldn't help but feel like there was so much more other stuff that happened that was worthwhile, like Angela Merkel's win, the Russian-Georgian conflict, SARS... but what else is to be expected? Only 7 minutes and if it's an American publication, guess where most of the focus is going to be placed? Yep.

Yeah...no room for the recent Italian earthquake; zero mention of the EU's turn to federalism; but there was a blackout in NY and Madonna kissed Britney !

I remember People were trying to get a bottle of water into the hospital to give her.

what would that look like?

"Terri! Terri! I have water for you!"

beep beep beep

"Terri, you have to drink the water!"

beep beep beep.

same would go for the protestors at the G20 Summits, I would love if they allowed just one of them to stand in front of the council. what would they say?

"boo! boo! uh.....boo!"

Edited by sodamntired

i agree with the above, yet i still believe in the power of protesting. while the imposers of rules may know all the pros and cons, they may not realize how big a deal that change might be, nor how many people are affected. hence, protesters.

for sure

I am all about going out getting your voice heard and gettng change, or preventing thngs from happening.........

*start sarcasm*

like stopping facebook from becoming a paysite.

As soon as they begin charging us to use their free site, me and the other 12 friends on the group on facebook, we are so gone.

*end sarcasm*

she went into a coma because she was anorexic

i had a hard time feeling sorry for her

I've never heard of the case, but if that's the case, anorexia is still an illness. Fair enough, I agree with her being turned off, but only because it's (apparently) a lost cause, and not in reaction to her getting herself there - that seems a bit heartless to me.

We had a prominant right-to-life case last month. The father was fighting the mother and the hospital to keep a severely disabled 1 year old on life-support. It went to court and after hearing from doctors' predictions of what would lie in wait for the baby, who had an incredibly rare condition (can't remember what it was) and was paralysed from head to foot, he agreed to have it turned off. I could sympathise, but it was obvious that his grief was clouding his judgement on this, and he was unable to accept his son had zero quality of life.

On a side note, I'm glad he quickly seen reason because our criminally under-funded NHS really can't afford to be treating someone indefinitely.

Edited by LonelyWreckage