adam_777

Question About Much Music Footage

So watching the Biography on the Matthew Good Band on youtube I noticed quite a few clips from different shows that the band played that don't seem to be readily available elsewhere on the net.

There is footage of the band playing live in the Much studio from what looks like around 1996 as Matt has blonde hair, and there is a few other clips from 2000 one from what looks like a festival in Ottawa and another from a show in April in Nanaimo with clips from Giant, Rico and Running for Home. Another black and white clip has the band playing Everything is Automatic live at an unknown venue.

I know how hard it is to find footage of MGB around these days, youtube only offers Load Me Up from the 2000 MMVA's. But Much Music clearly filmed at least portions of several shows over the years, does anyone know where I could find more of this footage, or have any information on it (as in were these complete concerts broadcast on TV or just snippets from shows?) has anyone ever tried contacting Much Music in regards to this footage?

Edited by adam_777

I have a pro shot vid from much music it is snow job 99 i believe. It has mainly underdogs songs and has matt talking about rick and rachel getting down on the ego ramp. I have it on vhs never really converted it to DVD. also on the tape is the wanna meet a rockstar show where a fan gets to hang out with mgb during the time period of recording audio of being.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, I would love to see that foats or ToadMan.

Does anyone have that 1/2 hour Much Music show where that girl won a day in the studio with the Matthew Good Band? It was with the VJ Rick and they ate in a sushi restaurant and played soccer together. I think it was during the time Audio Of Being was being made.

Edited by girl

there was this one dude a few years back who uploaded a lot of MGB footage to YouTube, including the entire SnowJob show, a 'behind the scenes' segment for the Strange Days video, some higher quality alternatives to the other stuff hanging around. But this was the same guy who was also writing an unauthorized biography, and that all disappeared a while back.

I have a pro shot vid from much music it is snow job 99 i believe. It has mainly underdogs songs and has matt talking about rick and rachel getting down on the ego ramp. I have it on vhs never really converted it to DVD. also on the tape is the wanna meet a rockstar show where a fan gets to hang out with mgb during the time period of recording audio of being.

I can convert them from VHS to DVD or youtube if you want. No prob. Done deal. :) It's been a loooong time since I've seen that Gonna Meet a Rock Star. I am curious to see it again.

It is surprising to me how little is on youtube, I mean it was the 90's, there were cameras everywhere, I mean you can find 8mm film of Led Zeppelin everywhere and that was with the threat of Peter Grant throwing you down a flight of stairs if caught, and yet Matthew Good band footage is limited to basically Load Me Up from the MMVA's. Does universal or someone request this footage be taken down, or is it just that fans have never uploaded any of this?

The thing with this is that bands like Zepplin, Pearl Jam, Oasis, Nirvana they all toured the world at a higher rate and have a huge tape trading fan base. Matthew and MGB while popular, had most of that popularity in Canada. Canada is notorious for not videotaping their bands. Look for Headstones, Tea party, Econoline Crush, Finger 11, Treble Charger, I Mother Earth, . It is near imposible to find any live recordings of these bands. The only main exception I have seen is with the Hip and a few OLP live videos. I wish there were more live mgb but it's just not out there in video form

bootlegged video, no probably not much your right. But MuchMusic seems to have taped quite a few shows, or at least parts of shows over the year, MGB was all over that channel in the late 90's/early 00's. Your right about not much taping going on in Canada, even at big stadium shows it is seriously rare to find recordings being made. During Roger Waters 2010 The Wall tour I remember something like every show being taped and released as a torrent with the exception of like 1 or 2 and Vancouver was one of them.

The only main exception I have seen is with the Hip and a few OLP live videos. I wish there were more live mgb but it's just not out there in video form

Yeah, you're right. The Hip fans LOVE recording live shows, and they're great quality shows too. I think this one fan went to almost every show during one tour in 2002 or 2003 and recorded them for Hip fans. It was interesting to watch entire live shows from Canada and across Europe.

Thanks for the youtube link, Curtster. I enjoyed that. I haven't heard that song in a very long time.

Edited by girl