Anyone else on here a fan of the X files? Grew up watching episodes here and there and am currently going through the entire series and am a huge fan. Just starting season 6, and love how the first 5 seasons were filmed around Vancouver.

Thats so cool to have those experiences. I'd love to meet any of them just for a minute. So far my favourite episodes would have to be Ice, Quagmire,Detour, and E.B.E. There is basically too many favourites to name. I was born in the 90s and my mother was a huge fan, and I always remember the theme song freaking me out as a kid. Finally I started watching the series from the beginning and have loved the journey so far. I always love finding out other people like the show makes me feel a little less alone. I've heard conflicting things from some of my friends and I hear the mythology kind of goes off the rails in season 6 and starts the decline. Whats your opinion on that, and do you think the shows quality starts declining? I have a feeling I will love it regardless but just wondering if I should be lowering my expectations after the incredible 5 seasons.

I grew up watching this show (I was 10 when it first aired) and I really loved it until they stopped filming in Vancouver. It lost something when they moved production to the US. Its hard to pin it.... Atmosphere, story and mythology yes.  It did decline in my opinion.  Darkness Falls is my all-time favourite episode.  Pretty much Seasons 1-2 have the best episodes in my opinion.  Seasons 1-4 were the prime of this show.

Edited by Sly Botts

Excited to hear that the reboot is official. Especially with most of the old cast coming back. I'm curious to see what the format of the 6 episodes will be. Whether they will be all main story mythology or inter-sped with one off, monster of the week stuff.

Guest Idioteque

Wow what the hell I just started watching X-Files & decided to look for a thread, I'm a few episodes into season 2.

Now I haven't read anything posted, nor aware of any major spoilers so what I'm about to say comes from the heart.

If Mulder & Scully don't:

Kiss,

Do it,

Become a couple,

Admit they freaking like eachother!

Then I hate this show. Seriously you can cut the sexual tension between them with a knife. I'm praying this show is them as a couple & that's why they are so popular. I don't caaaaaare about friendship blah blah these 2 are so cute together!

Rant over.

The last 10 seconds of the show with the smoking man, was disturbing. If that doesn't scare you off smoking then I don't know what will, to be honest. I saw a smoking commercial on TV once when a person was doing that in real life. Not good.

Edited by girl

Loved the third episode with the lizard man. Always was a fan of the comedy x files episodes. That scully shop scene was priceless.Home Again was good and felt like an old x file though was sad to see Mrs.Scully go. Really enjoying the series revival so far. Will be interesting to see what happens in the last 2 episodes and whether they will continue with more episodes.