Hired Goomba

Coffee

Yep, coffee. Talk about it here. What brand/type/style/whatever do you enjoy drinking. Do you drink to wake up? Do you drink for taste? Do you drink because everyone else drinks and you have to fit in!?

Well, I've been drinking some form of coffee since I was 6 years old. I love it. I love all kinds of it. I've cut back on it now but I still have at least 2 cups a day. My favorite brand will always be Community coffee. I really have only seen that in Louisiana though. My wife who is Canadian got me into Tim Hortons but I can't get that all the time obviously. I usually like the medium blends with just a little bit of creamer. Great way to start the day!

I usually drink Tim Hortons coffee with milk and sugar or Starbucks grande soy chai lattes in the morning. I'm trying to quit caffeine cold turkey because it is a slow toxin, but it is a hard thing to do. Maybe I will try one cup of decaf coffee a day to start and will go from there.

I had to give up coffee last year, as it was killing my stomach.  I tried a few sips of one that a coworker had bought me, and had immediate stomach pain.  I have no idea why.

I used to enjoy it though, and would drink at least a cup a day, sometimes a whole pot on the weekend.  I had a Tassimo for a while, but I found the coffee to be too weak, unless you wanted a half cup, or you used two pods for one cup.

I never used to be a coffee drinker, but once I started working night shifts, I started oh about 6 or 7 years ago.  I prefer my coffee to be brewed.  I don't like Tasimo or ?Kurig? style.  My favourite is McDonalds Coffee, followed by Nabob. McDonalds coffee is the best coffee I've ever tasted outside of Cuba.  The Coffee I had in Cuba on my honeymoon was probably the best coffee I've ever had.

I used to drink it black with 2 sugar, then I went to just black.  Unfortunately I discovered cream in all it's glory so now I have 1 cream 1 sugar.  When I want a treat, I will ask for a medium  Dark roast double double with a chocolate mint flavour shot. It's amazing.

Edited by Sly Botts

Yep, coffee. Talk about it here. What brand/type/style/whatever do you enjoy drinking. Do you drink to wake up? Do you drink for taste? Do you drink because everyone else drinks and you have to fit in!?

Well, I've been drinking some form of coffee since I was 6 years old. I love it. I love all kinds of it. I've cut back on it now but I still have at least 2 cups a day. My favorite brand will always be Community coffee. I really have only seen that in Louisiana though. My wife who is Canadian got me into Tim Hortons but I can't get that all the time obviously. I usually like the medium blends with just a little bit of creamer. Great way to start the day!

I'll send you and Community in exchange for some Tim Hortons!

I drank coffee ever since I was about ten or so. Always with cream and sugar until I was about 24 and I switched to black. Sometimes for a special occasion brunch I will sweeten it. And I usually follow a nice diner with an espresso. I love when they come with a little biscotti to dip in.

I work for a non-profit that helps farmers grow coffee in Haiti and a few other under developed areas and its usually pretty good.

Other than that, we usually have community or timmy go's when my mom sends it.

We have a keurig at work and I bought one of the stainless steel reusable cups that you can put your own coffee in, that was a good investment.

My parents have the Japanese water boiler. It is the best. They got it from Walmart.

I am trying to get off the coffee and caffeine. It is a major struggle. A nutritional coach and personal chef to fitness guru and P90X creator, Tony Horton, recommends Teeccino Dandelion Dark Roast Herbal coffee tea bags. Apparently it tastes a lot like coffee, but it doesn't have any caffeine: http://teeccino.com/product/1018/Dandelion-Dark-Roast-Herbal-Coffee-Tee-Bags.html

I will order it soon and see if it is any good.

That's interesting! I genuinely like the taste and ritual of coffee, it's not necessarily the caffeine that reels me in. I do go through tea phases as well, but there's just nothing quite the same as getting to work, flipping on my monitors, making a cup of joe and settling down to read the news before starting the day's project.

I'm all about the Americanos right now. I often have a two shot before spin, and after spin.

Also, I love making Cold Brew coffee with "Full Steam" (the French roast) from Bridgehead. It makes the coffee taste so smooth. Sometimes I put it in my morning smoothie. Gives a nice morning kick.

Cold brew is super easy. Takes out any possible bitterness you might get, for a really smooth coffee. I put 3/4 cup of ground dark roast coffee in a 1L mason jar, fill it with water and put it in the fridge. Leave it over night, the next morning (or later that day if you want, or even the day after) you just strain it through a filter into another jar. Stays good in the fridge for about 2 weeks, but I've never had any more than a couple days cause it's just that good

Edited by emmit643

Thanks Emma!

Oh and I read recently about people putting butter in their coffee. Anyone ever try that? Seems wrong to me but apparently it helps loose weight.

Bulletproof Coffee. Some do butter, but you can veganize it with coconut oil instead.

Something about the fat content makes you process the caffeine differently? I think it hits you quicker/more effectively supposedly with less of a crash. I've actually been thinking about trying that recently. 

Yeah, gives you more energy and feeling re-vitalized or something. I read this article about it just now, and I am not sure I trust something Third Eye Blind supports >.>

Anyway, seems worth a shot. But you can't use just any old butter. Apparently it has to be grass feed only. And there are many other types of oils you could use.

I watched this TV series call 'My Diet is Better than Yours', hosted by Shaun T. http://abc.go.com/shows/my-diet-is-better-than-yours

They guy who created the Wild Diet talks about the butter in coffee thing in great detail. I learned some useful food and health tips from this show, plus Shaun T is the best. The show is similar to The Biggest Loser, but it focuses mainly on food and diet. It is on Shaw on Demand, if you have it.