Outtahere

One Of My Favourite (Non Musical) Matt Moment

https://youtu.be/0m-AE-2QUz4?t=1m25s

Not only does he step in and apologises to the crowd for the whole thing (which he didn't have to do as he's not the one who caused that but he was being a gentleman nevertheless) but what a burn!!

There's been several similar situations in the past and this is just one example but I commend artists who do that. There's a video of Dave Grohl doing that as well.

I don't get people who pay for a show and act like that.

Edited by Tips

you can see in this video from another angle Jimmy telling them to knock it off too.

Similar thing happened to us at the Kingston show last tour. Didn't escalate as heavily, but I definitely appreciated when Blake came and shook our hands at the end of the show, and told the other girls to fuck off. People need to settle down and just let people enjoy themselves at shows. Like really.

My favourite non-music moment is when they don't have his photos at the Ted Talk, and he exposes their sign as styrofoam. lol

• Upvote 1

MAtt's humour definitely adds an element to the shows.  In Nanaimo on the last tour something happened to Bones amp and it just stopped producing in the middle of "Moment" So he did what any one would do in that situation, stood stage front and started doing funny dances.  After a couple of seconds Matt shot a "wtf are you doing?" glance over and then altered the lyrics  "It wasn't always like this you know, this song used to have bass you know" I couldn't stop laughing.

• Upvote 2

During the Matt Good/Limblifter/Auf der Maur tour of 2005?, some asshole was moshing violently and trying to crowd surf during Empty Road I believe it was. Same guy that had earlier bludgeoned the girl in front of me's face with a stray foot ...anyways, Matt stops strumming and he's like "What is this?! A fucking pinhead convention?!" (the guy was heavily mohawked a la Steve-o in SLC Punk) ...."It's a fucking acoustic song man, who fucking crowd surfs during an acoustic song. Get the fuck out of here, you're hurting people." It was the Kool Haus in Toronto, so they had heavy security and he was gone.

• Upvote 1

Another example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2lZ5VQhK24

I couldn't agree more if you paid me a million bucks. I don't go to shows anywhere near as much as I used to (yay, panic attacks keeping me at home) but I've actually seen people really settle down for the most part. I haven't really seen a mosh pit or fighting and I feel like people may be generally more subdued at shows in general. Agree or disagree? Maybe Tony who sees punk and hard rock shows can chime in. Mind you, as Matt explains, these fucktards start shit even during acoustic songs and ballads, so maybe it has nothing to do with the style of music.

I will tell you the atmosphere at the Culture Club show at the PNE last night was phenomenal! That venue of the PNE forum actually isn't too bad, and everyone was just dancing and having a good time, lots of kids and people in wheelchairs and people of all ages, and not a hint of aggression from anyone. It was really refreshing, like a breath of fresh air!!!!

I see what you did there! ;-)

During the Matt Good/Limblifter/Auf der Maur tour of 2005?, some asshole was moshing violently and trying to crowd surf during Empty Road I believe it was. Same guy that had earlier bludgeoned the girl in front of me's face with a stray foot ...anyways, Matt stops strumming and he's like "What is this?! A fucking pinhead convention?!" (the guy was heavily mohawked a la Steve-o in SLC Punk) ...."It's a fucking acoustic song man, who fucking crowd surfs during an acoustic song. Get the fuck out of here, you're hurting people." It was the Kool Haus in Toronto, so they had heavy security and he was gone.

I was just listening to this bootleg the other day. Setlists during this tour were killer.

This may seem inconsequential, but one of my favourite Matt moments happened in the early 2000's. I had just became a fan and was browsing a Matthew Good/Band forum. There was an instance where someone had posted a racist term in casual conversation.  He had no clue it was an offensive term used during WWII when people of my race lost all rights as citizens and human beings. Needless to say, Matt shut it down quickly and said something along the lines that he was embarassed as a Canadian to have witnessed such ignorance and enlightened the person with a little background history of the term. I witnessed the whole thing. That meant a lot to me and left a mark on me as a new fan. I thanked him via email, and he even replied back. I didn't expect that. It shows what kind of person he is.

I have another favourite Matt moment, but I'll keep that one private.

Edited by girl