Really sad day for Canadian music and Canada as a whole.

No one has had more of an influence in Canadian music than Gord, and I don't think anyone ever will.

At least he left us with his music and memories.  It wasn't a surprise, but it's still very sad.

Really sad day for Canadian music and Canada as a whole.

No one has had more of an influence in Canadian music than Gord, and I don't think anyone ever will.

At least he left us with his music and memories. It wasn't a surprise, but it's still very sad.

Agreed, was aware of it coming but didn't make it any easier. RIP

Matt's Instragram post on the subject was especially poignant:

"I’m sitting here in the somber light of an empty hotel room. I got the call a while ago as we share the same manager. I don’t know what to say. My heart is filled with a weight I can’t explain. There will never be another man, or band, that will exemplify Canadiana the way Gord and the guys did. I suppose if I had to, I would quote Balzac... “It is the mark of every great man that he puts to flight all ordinary calculations. He is at once sublime and touching, childlike and of the race of giants.” "

Has Matt warmed up to the group?

I remember back in the day there were quite a few Matthew Good interviews on youtube from around the time the MGB broke up and he called them "the worlds greatest bar band" (I think it was meant as a diss) does anyone have any of those old clips still?

Has Matt warmed up to the group?

I remember back in the day there were quite a few Matthew Good interviews on youtube from around the time the MGB broke up and he called them "the worlds greatest bar band" (I think it was meant as a diss) does anyone have any of those old clips still?

Just my own insight, but I'm guessing you gain some perspective somewhere along the way between the age of 30 and 46. Shit that sounds clever when you're a youngin' sounds a little different when you've been doing it for a longer time, yourself ...

There's also a page in his book where there's a list of "top five ridiculous things yelled at shows" or something along those lines and one of them was 

PLAY SOME FUCKING HIP!

https://www.ctv.ca/longtimerunning/Articles/News/Long-Time-Running-to-Now-Air-October-20?cid=ctv2017_101817_community_facebook_longtimerunningoct20

British Columbia – 8 pm PT

Alberta – 8 pm MT

Saskachewan – 7 pm Sask

Winnipeg – 7 pm CT

Ontario – 8 pm ET

Quebec – 8 pm ET

Atlantic – 9 pm AT

Newfoundland – 9:30 pm NDT

I set my PVR. This documentary is so good. I saw it a few weeks ago at the movie theatre. It left me teary eyed and made me proud to be a Canadian. It is a must-see.

Edited by girl