HoboFactory

Vice-presidential Debates

I watched a bit of it, but nobody really delivered a knockout punch. Cheney comes across as cold, while Edwards has more charisma and speaks better. One part I liked was when they were talking about the deficit and Cheney said that Kerry had voted against tax relief for the middle class 98 times. Edwards countered by saying that Kerry had voted in favour of tax relief for the middle class over 600 times. Make of it what you will.

not that great of a debate. the 1st one was more interesting. Edwards came off a lot better (because Cheney has zero charisma and you can trust the guy as far as you can fart), however Cheney got off a lot of great zingers that Edwards didn't respond too. Cheney i think controlled the debate more, and had Edwards on the defensive.

p.s. i hate Cheney. I'm tired of Bush, i disagree with a bunch of his decisions, but i don't hate Bush. I want to pee in Cheney's coffee. the guy is slimey and a liar

however Cheney got off a lot of great zingers that Edwards didn't respond too. Cheney i think controlled the debate more, and had Edwards on the defensive.

Edwards was knocked off simply trying to keep the record straight. Cheney said Kerry had voted against lowering taxes 98 times, when he's also voted in favour of lowering them over 600 times. Edwards doens't have a distinguished record?

The vice president, I'm surprised to hear him talk about records. When he was one of 435 members of the United States House, he was one of 10 to vote against Head Start, one of four to vote against banning plastic weapons that can pass through metal detectors.

He voted against the Department of Education. He voted against funding for Meals on Wheels for seniors. He voted against a holiday for Martin Luther King. He voted against a resolution calling for the release of Nelson Mandela in South Africa.

This is why Dick's talk about freedom is so hollow and hypocritical. This was also my favourite moment in the debate.

On Thursday in Cincinnati, Ohio, Cheney described Saddam as a "man who provided safe harbor and sanctuary to terrorists for years" and who "provided safe harbor and sanctuary as well for al Qaeda."

In Wisconsin on Friday, he said the "al Qaeda organization had a relationship with the Iraqis."

A CIA report has found no conclusive evidence that former Iraqi President Saddam Hussein harbored Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, which the Bush administration asserted before the invasion of Iraq.

"There's no conclusive evidence the Saddam Hussein regime had harbored Zarqawi," a U.S. official said on Tuesday about the CIA findings.

CHENEY: "Your hometown newspaper has taken to calling you Senator Gone." (An archive search finds no such reference in The News & Observer.

Look, a mention in a weekly paper that isn't in his "hometown" does not qualify as his "hometown newspaper". If he'd said, "one newspaper in your home state," it would have been a stretch, but not a lie. As said, it's a lie.

"Now, in my capacity as vice president, I am the president of Senate, the presiding officer. I'm up in the Senate most Tuesdays when they're in session."

He's presided over the Senate twice. The sme number of times as Edwards.