Mr. Chips

Your Favourite Matthew Good Quotes

"My dad always contended that kids could be raised so they don't turn out to be pretentious right wing religious ass holes but that was just dad"
"If you live anywhere west of Ontario you're vote really doesn't count, which is of course, sweet FA"

and...

"Here I drew a sasquatch, and a viking ship"

Yeah that was awesome.

"Sometimes you don't sleep right. Sometimes you pace around battling three hour long panic attacks trying to calm yourself down. You talk to yourself in that little voice of yours, cracking jokes, making it seem silly. Everything gets blurry and eventually your hands stop wringing because they hurt, you've just noticed. You collapse on to the couch and sit there, inhaling and exhaling. The most primary of functions. And then you fall asleep. Tomorrow night you get to do it all over again."

YAY! ;)

An eerie quote from an interview in June 2001. When asked "If you could be king of all media, what would be your first official act? " he said "I'd probably start a war. Just because I could. I would create an imaginary enemy in some country no one has ever heard of and I would con the entire continent of North America into hating them. It would be funny."

Someone should email that to Matt. It's weird how Matt's changed to a peace loving, save the childern kinda guy. Funny how people change.

Another one of my favs.--

"People are stupid. I did not come up with that on my own. I had help. The world, entirely in love with itself, has come to condemn all things opposed to the fundamental aspects of 'safe intelligence'. Some might say that we are intelligent simply because we can communicate with a variety of complicated sounds and can recognize the indoctrinated difference between the moral and the immoral. Drop anything on its head long enough and you'll probably get the gist of what its trying to say. Twist my arm and it'll pop off come Sunday. Timing is everything. It could have been Wednesday."

kind've long, but what the hell.

(S.E. Hardy @ Dec 2 2004, 06:28 PM)

It's not funny, but my favorite one is from his Oct. 29, 2003 blog, after Steven died:

"I'm going to go and buy myself a bottle of something, find a nice quiet rock somewhere in the hills, and have one last drink with Steve. And then, my life having been made better by knowing him, I'm going to go and live it." 

who was steven? this is vaguely familiar to me but i can't remember who he was.

I *believe* that he was Matts manager, but I'm not positive on that one.