failingtherorshachtest

At Last There Is Nothing Left To Say

i bought mine during the first run of the book (it didnt have certain chapters, but there was a piece of paper in the cover slip that entitled me to a printed transcript from insomniac press). i bought it at virgin megastore.

i didnt even know he had a book the day i bought it.

Bought mine a few years back, I still find myself occassionally picking it up to read certain sections and over and over. Great book, hilarious and just all around great. I got mine at insomiac press I think, but as many people have said, you can get it just about anywhere.

It was definitely an interesting read. I felt that for most of the book Matthew was trying too hard to entertain the reader. Being off-kilter just for the sake of being off-kilter.

I thought the most beautiful and well-written part of the book was when he told the story of Jenni, because it seemed like he was simply telling a story, rather than trying to be a one man show.

He is an incredible writer, as we can all see from his lyrics, but it seemed like he was afraid to rely on purely his writing and needed bizarre storylines as a crutch.

Or perhaps his mind just works differently than most!

Edited by MadeleineSix