calm2chaos

Geting Out Of The Un

Who decides whos an illegitimate government? The U.S.? Does anyone remember Cuba? By forcing somebody into a whole, they'll dig their way out one way or another. The way to solving problems isn't through making countries outsiders, because outsiders band together to make themsleves more powerful. The way to solve problems is through peaceful co-operation. Invading countries because you believe they have an illegitimate government is a foolish, and stupid move. The "rescuers" are always the villians, creating these illegitimate governments to appear to be the right government. The people won't stand with the so called liberators, but with the illegitimate leaders. For a country to be liberated, they have to do it on their own, it has to come from within.

A government isn't legitimate if it isn't based upon the consent of the people.

That doesn't mean western countries should wage war against any country that isn't a democracy. But we shouldn't support or cooperate with them, and certainly shouldn't give them power in international institutions like the UN.

I completely agree that the US is better than a dictatorship.

That's quite a charge, buddy. Typical Leftist remark from someone who is blind to the facts. Although the United States is far from perfect, I would question anyone's intellectual honesty who says it's a "dictatorship". Go and read more Howard Zinn and Noam Chomsky.

Yep, it is quite a leftist charge saying that the U.S. is better than a dictatorship.

A government isn't legitimate if it isn't based upon the consent of the people.

That doesn't mean western countries should wage war against any country that isn't a democracy. But we shouldn't support or cooperate with them, and certainly shouldn't give them power in international institutions like the UN.

Without peaceful co-operation, people won't do "what you want them to". Those countries won't simply change, by making them outsiders you risk creating a far worse situation. Like Nazi Germany, that was the result of a bad situation being forced on the Germans, and they didn't back down like people wanted them too. The Germans ended up waging a war on the world. Progress takes time, forcing somebody into a hole does nothing though, it's the opposite of progress. But, by working with these people, show the people we care, and have compassion for them, though we might not agree, that better tomorrow might be a reality. The idea of the U.N. is to attempt to have a way to solve problems. It might not be perfect, but at the same time it tries to help. If anything, the world has let down the U.N. not the other way around.

I disagree. There is a major difference between a tyrannical government and its people. The mullahs who rule Iran, for example, do not care about the citizens of their country. Since 1979, they have restricted the rights of women, and carried out acts of torture and violent executions against those who disagree with the way they run things. This is not a regime which deserves a voice in the same assembly as our own country. In fact, giving such a regime diplomatic recognition is a slap in the face to every citizen who wants change.

It's excluding the people though all together. "The League of Nations" excluded Germany, look what happened. People want to be included. When propaganda runs high in some of these countries, this can be used against countries that are trying to help give people change.

I want to know who believes the US should get out of the UN. I myself think it is time for this to occur. I see no reason why we as a nation should leave security issues to others. The UN is basically toothless when it comes to any type of conflict or dispute. Humanitarian aid is about there ownly real use. And this can be put into doubt with OfF and the Kofi scandle. France and Germany as a matter of course will never agree or back us. Which you kind of expect from france. I thinkwe should let all nations figure out there own problems. If they can't they they will go up in smoke. The strong will survive, seems to be natures way. And this way no matter what happens it's not our fault. Well we would still get blamed for it i'm sure, but thats just the way it goes.

What would leaving the UN do? Nothing, that's what. Well actually, it would allow them to go to war easier because they wouldn't have to go through the General Assembly or anything. If the UN had a backbone regarding the super powers of the world, then everything would be fine. The US won't leave, nor would it matter.

Prediction: Within 20 years the US will bomb the shit out of a neighbouring planet, and will implement a 5-year plan to rebuild said planet. The 5-year plan will take 10 years, but by the time it's all said and done, the US will have relocated their entire country to that planet, under the Inter-Global Patriotic and Unity Liberation Act.

Unconfirmed reports of purple yurbles digging tunnels under the soil to steal and eat human babies will be made, and a war on yurbles will be declared on or about 2038. The surrounding uninhabited territories will be invaded and annexed by the US, this forming the super power, the Allied Enfranchisements of the United States of Planet Freedom.

In the meantime, the former United States of America would be farmed and used to feed the hungry in third world countries, as part of a global group effort. World peace and utopia would soon follow on Earth.

But at this point, the Allied Enfranchisements of the United States of Planet Freedom would have a complete monopoly of all the territory on Planet Freedom. The terror threat level will be brought down to code blue, and the Allied Enfranchisements of the United States of Planet Freedom will be declared as the winning country of life, but no one will really care.