Dan #1

Matt Good / Bono ?

I find it odd that when Bono is off being citizen one, MTV happens to have a camera crew around.

The reason for that is that he's like the biggest rock star on the planet. By far. MuchMusic had cameras around when Raine Maida and Sam Roberts and David Usher and whole bunch of other people went over to third world countries to do pieces and stuff. Matt never did that.

But weren't those shows BY Muchmusic in the first place? What Muchmusic was doing there, it looked to be more in line with what Pearanoid said, if anything, about using celebrity status to try to push people to think differently about the issues brought up.

Better that than doing the opposite, using world issues to bring up celebrity status.

what kind of gay question is this. of course matt good. he has been in a band had a successful career at that and more successful as a single artist than bono in fact has bono even ever been single someone please tell me. mgb and mg have way better songs than u2 besides u2 has only one good cd mgb and mg have awesome cds all the way through including loser anthems and raygun

i agree pearanoid

and i think the fact that bono has actually dedicated his life to helping in thrid world countries when he retires from music should prove the point that he isnt just throwing money at problems to make them go away

and has it ever occurred to you that Bono might be trying to repress some of his own feelings when he talks in public?? maybe if you knew the history of his family you wouldn't be so quick to judge... Bono's mom died when he was seventeen, Bono's dad in 2001, and pretty much everyone Bono has ever looked up to or been close to other than the band has suffered severe and tragic accidents... so yeah, im gonna agree that sometimes he looks out of it when he talks... SOMETIMES!!... but thats because it probably hurts him too much to talk about things that hit so close to home... at least he's out there doing it

secondly, U2 has 11 good cd's

thirdly, i dont think secondly and thirdly are words...

fourthly, have you guys ever thought about how often Bono appears in the news about his personal life... i think if he just flaunted money and threw it at problems and if it was 'the only thing that mattered' then his life would be WAY more predominant in the news don't you think?? a guy with an estimted worth of over one billion dollars, and his personal life is about as well known as any other random guy off the street... he hasnt been in anything to tarnish his reputation, and, for the record, those of you who think that U2 goes to the pub every day - they have wives and children... thats where they are all the time, thats why their last four albums have 4 albums have 3/4 years in between them!!

i mean honestly, can any of you, without looking it up, tell me the names of the edge's and bono's wives and kids??? anyone???

didn't think so

because they don't do any stupid retarded useless 'throw money around cuz we have it' SHIT

anyways, i hope i have given some things for you all to think about

and i expect a rebuttal

which will most likely have no proof and only contain opinions and no fact

Your posts do?

His parents died. Well, shit. I'll bake him some cookies.

I don't know the names of his kids, and thus I am wrong and he is clearly a charitable superhero with inhuman generousity?

Want to stop throwing random BS into a post and calling it a definitive arguement?

The only possible point in that whole thing that would disuade my opinion is that he might be repressing his feelings. Well, when you feel strongly about things you often find it hard to repress those feelings. So to me, that means he's either a really good liar when he pretends he doesn't care, or a really good liar when he pretends he does care.

So it's a coin toss. Like him, or not.

You like him, I don't. Discussion over.

what kind of gay question is this. of course matt good. he has been in a band had a successful career at that and more successful as a single artist than bono in fact has bono even ever been single someone please tell me. mgb and mg have way better songs than u2 besides u2 has only one good cd mgb and mg have awesome cds all the way through including loser anthems and raygun

Would you expect anything less from a Leafs fan?

No shit....if he's such a douche why are you here? To spread love? You know, in all honesty, you cant blame the guy for being fed up with this crap...I don't even know him and I find it tiresome to read, the negative, daggered comments here and other places day after day....there is just no real point to it...go read a few books, become a free thinker and debate him properly and see what kind of douche he is...he will kick your inbred ass.

jesus christ, the whole point of this thread was to point whether matt good looked like bono. everything else is irrelevant and pointlessly time-consuming

Yeah, because comparing Matt to Bono isn't irrelevant or pointlessly time-consuming

jesus christ, the whole point of this thread was to point whether matt good looked like bono. everything else is irrelevant and pointlessly time-consuming

Yeah, because comparing Matt to Bono isn't irrelevant or pointlessly time-consuming

within the context of the thread, no, it's not. the thread itself is inherently irrelevant, but the topic contained within is circumstancially relevant to the thread.