Dan #1

Matt Good / Bono ?

What happens when celebrities such as Matt, Bono, etc... do the things they do, whether it be meeting with leaders on a global scale, or posting a news article on their website, is getting people informed on what's happening in the world. By using their celebrity status, you as a fan gets inadvertantly informed on the issue because you want to see what that celebrity is up to. I think anyone who does anything to try and help another in need, no matter what the scale or motivation behind it, should still be commended for their actions. As for Bono Looking "bored" during some of his press conferences, I don't know, maybe he is bored. Maybe he's fed up because it seems like his efforts are all for not, or maybe it's something simple like he's tired from travelling all the time. Nobody knows but him really. Anyways, just wanted to say my bit, and please don't slag someone for trying to help. Whether you like that person or not is besides the point. These people are doing good. Leave it at that.

-Troy-

So do I.

The glasses are part of the image which is part of being a star. Compared to what Bono makes, does, and gives, it's a small cost.

If he lost the glasses, he could lose the fans, lose the celebrity status and have nothing to give. I know that's a little extreme, but you get my point.

Edited by pearanoid

i dont really get your point at all

if he lost fans because he took off his shades, then id say those are fans he didnt need in the first place

and one doesnt simply "lose" their "celebrity status".. they just kinda morph into celebrity has-beens..

anyway, bono sucks, and i wonder what word was edited out of sattys post

was it nigga?

I said that my example was extreme.

The point is that the glasses are part of the image and the image is a necessary part of being a big band. It's part of the band's overhead. Saying that buying glasses takes away from what he could give to other people is a really lame argument.

Actually, I don't even know why I'm still arguing this.

yeah

people have to know the band for it to count

Think of how many people he could help if he just cut back on his faggot sunglasses collection.

wow

is there really an answer i can make here without sounding like a know it all

i dont think so, but i will try

the amount of money Bono has spent on sunglasses is equal to about .001% of what he gives to third world countries

and he gets (at most) two or three pairs of sunglasses a year... and i hate to break it to ya, but he is actually given those sunglasses for free... so he isn;t using any money on them

ah well, sorry, i tried now to be a know it all.... it didnt work too well

maybe if you guys didnt listen to crappy music youd know who black label society is

anyway, what are you referring to when you say "image"?

because, i mean, there are some bands that quite obviously have an image.. like marilyn manson, or slipknot, for example..

but there are plenty that dont have that...

I listen to fantastic music.

And when I say image, I don't necessarily mean gimmick.

The way The Stokres wear hip too cool for school clothers and have messy hair because they don't bathe. Or Interpol wearing suits or at least ties. Or Bono with his slicked back hair, sunglasses and black leather jacket.

However, that's all clothing related. Maybe I need to rethink this. When I think of band like The Wallflowers of even Radiohead, I can't really think of a way to define their image, yet I'm sure they have one.

Okay, it's late, I give up.

i dont really know if you listen to fantastic music or not, im gonna say i doubt it but hey, ive been wrong before

you say you dont mean gimmick, but your examples sound like just that..

you know, the reason you cant think of a way to define radiohead or the wallfowers "image" is because..

ta-da! they dont HAVE one...

Yeah, you're right, I think an image is actually broader than I first thought. I can't really pinpoint Radiohead's image, but I think there's a certain way they appear to the viewing public, and whether it's intentional or not, it's still there.

And I wouldn't really say Interpol of The Strokes have a gimmick, but more of a look. Wearing prison jumpsuits and masks, that's a gimmick.

I also took a look at your sig. link and I think you'd be surprised at how much our musical tastes cross. Anyway, off to bed.

C'mon people, if you're going to slag someone, at least take the time to voice some sort of reason. Lazy!

I dunno what the big deal is....im not a huge U2 fan or anything...The only song I can say I really love by them is PRIDE (In the Name of Love)....aside from that I dont really dig their stuff .... but Bono seems like a fine enough man...I can think of FAR FAR FAR more annoying ppl!

i see no similarity, except for the fact that their faces are tilted the same way and they're both wearing glasses.

a)Matt's hot [though he used to be hotter]

b)Bono's old [and only getting older]

though i will agree that they're both rockstars with consciences, matt just makes better music. o, and everytime he comments on world news, he doesn't make the headlines. and it's better that way.