rmak

Should Suicide Be Legal?

Should Suicide be legal? What about assisted suicide?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Should Suicide be legal? What about assisted suicide?

• Both should be legal
    • Only suicide should be legal
    • Only assisted suicide should be legal
    • Neither should be legal

i don't think assisted suicide shouldn't be legal. it opens up too many doors. it's too easy for it to be abused.

i think it does suck when someone is in real physical, terminal pain and there is nothing to do about it. if there was a way for any laws made to allow euthanasia and for it to not be abused, i would be all for it, but it's too easy to call murder euthanasia.

Euthenasia is not the same thing as assisted suicide. Assisted suicide is when a doctor helps you take your life; euthenasia is when a doctor takes your life for you.

There are two stances you can have on rights.

One is that humans have natural rights and delegate certain privileges, voluntarily, to governments for order's sake, while retaining ultimate sovereignty over their own persons.

The other is that sovereignty is inherent to governments, which delegate privileges to citizens, while reserving the right to revoke them at any time.

Of fucking course it should be legal.

Which is more important here a right to life or a right to death? I guess suicide or assisted suicide probably won't ever be legal (everywhere) because it violates your right to life.... and they have charters and things that protect that right, and even if it's your own life... you don't fuck with the charter.

But there is a critical failing in your logic: People have the right to give up there own rights. We have all kind of rights, which we can, if we choose, to give up. If you are arrested, you can forgo your right to a trial, taking a deal for a lesser sentence. By what logic can an individual not forgo there right to life. Provided your decision doesn't impact anybody else's rights?

Peace

Yes but you shouldn't giev up your rights to anything. Now I knwo I shouldn't say this because it's a broad statement and makes no sense whatsoever because how can you not give pu your right to freedom of speech if you invoke your right to remain silent. None-the-less...... I maintain YOU DON'T FUCK WITH THE CHARTER.

No seriously though folks, I don't know because I believe a person should have the right to commit suicide but I firmly believe that no one person should ever want to commit suicide, I mean I know it's lame but... there is so much to live for. Even if you are terminally illl what if there was if not a cure at least a life-maintaining break-through hours after you'd off-ed yourself. Look at Romeo and Juliet, that came back to bite them both in the ass.

Even if you are terminally ill what if there was if not a cure at least a life-maintaining break-through hours after you'd off-ed yourself.

sooner or later you're going to die anyway, and why go on living if you know the chances of finding some kind of treatment are so slim? It's all about dying with dignity for me. besides, if they found some kind of treatment hours after, it wouldn't matter to me.