How dare you! LOL. Rock'N'Roll was great, just really different from his previous records. I always thought it was odd that the record company told him to do another album after saying Love is Hell was crapola. I'd like to shake those execs and slap them for saying it, but on the same token we got another full album out of him. I'm a big fan though since the Whiskey Town days and love all of his work. Not sure if you know or not, but there's a new track spinning on his site. I'm really digging it.

-Troy-

I just noticed the info. on the website track was already. Sorry, I'm not much for book smarts.

Edited by troy

I first heard of Ryan Adams through all the bad press he was getting for throwing that fan out of his show and picking fight with other musicians, so I was pretty determined to find his music shitty based of the fact that he is a dick. But then I saw a video from rocknroll, and I totally thought the song was awesome, and then I saw it was Ryan Adams. So I think he's got skill. I said it. But I still think he's a dick.

If you're calling Ryan Adams a ripoff, whomever said that, you probably havent heard much music the last five years. He's an excellent songwriter. Yes, he's fucked up, but he still writes damn good songs. He's essential for anyone claming they love "alt-country" more so because of his days in Whiskeytown rather than only his solo work.

"Rock 'n Roll" was a very decent album. A hell of alot better than "demolition" in my humble opinion. Love is Hell had really amazing bright spots, but wasnt as good as "Heartbreaker" or "Gold".

He fell out of favour with the media because after Heartbreaker everyone deemed him the next Dylan. I don't think he's Dylan material, but he writes damn good songs. Some songs on Heartbreaker really do remind me of Dylan though. He's a badass though.

kudos on the Wonderwall Cover. He's also very great live.

Remember that Duet with the chick From the Corrs and Bono doing that cover like four years back? Yeah that was a cover of Ryan Adams song.

I think I'd get pretty pissed too if at every show I did, someone was yelling out "play summer of 69" I read that article and laughed, especially since he gave the guy his ticket money back, then threw him out. But if you read the whole story, the guy wasn't just tossed for that. He was drunk and interupting the entire show and disturbing everyone around him. If I was there I would have applauded. Personally I think Ryan is a complete original. His writing style may be compared to Dylan, but the difference there is Ryan can sing. LOL. Heartbreaker is a genius album in my opinion. My only question is what the fuck is a winding wheel? lol.

-Troy-

kudos troy.

Its hard not to compare him to Dylan with Heartbreaker though. Fucking amazing pieces of music on that record.

Rock n Roll was wayyyyy different than anything else he's done thats why I respect it. Not many people can take Husker Du and the Replacements after doing a bunch of alt country records.

Agreed. What a frickin debut album though. I'm really looking forward to the new albums this year. I thought R'N'R was a great record, even though it was just about as far away from his previous work as he could possibly get. But I think that's what makes him such an amazing songwriter. Anyone who has the guts to do something that far from the norm should be applauded, wheter you like the piece of work or not. Too many artists are so afraid of trying something new that they get stuck playing it safe and eventually die out as something new pops up. Not keeping up with the times is a career killer. That's why U2 has been around for 20+ years. Like them or not, you gotta respect it.

-Troy-

I think it just depends on the artists ability to produce quality music. It takes some years to make a really good record, and it takes others a year to do three. Ryan broke his wrist early last year and didn't tour/play at all, so I'm assuming the three albums are a result of sitting around re-cooping the wrist. I'm a fan, so I'm biased in the way of saying these records will be great. There's certain artists in my opinion that cannot write a bad song. Ryan being one of them.

-Troy-