mac2.jpg

So I was watching some MacGyver on Spike today and decided that I'm going to be the next MacGyver. Send me supplies to make a hovercraft.

So anyway, while todays episode was on they kept talking about Anubis and the show's filmed in Vancouver! Oh the Stargate connection.

At work, when we do Stargate stuff, we often refer to him as Macgyver. It's quicker than saying his actual name and everyone knows who you're talking about. Apparently he doesn't like that though. Oh well, I'll probably never meet him so I'm okay. Macgyver rules!

Angus MacGyver had an arch-nemesis named Murdoc. He was a deranged assassin and master of disguise who would appear to die at the end of an episode, but his body would never be found. Then he would later come back during subsequent episodes to attempt to kill Mac. The funny thing about Murdoc was that every time that he was about to meet his untimely end, he would scream out something like MacGyver or “I’ll get you MacGyver”. The actor would stretch out the words as he gets stuck in a building that is about to be demolished or he falls into a deep pool of boiling water.

Murdoc appeared to have died so many times, but somehow managed to survive and escape. The character’s greatest appearance was towards the end of the series when he came back the final time after he got complete reconstructive surgery to fix his burned face. Mac is haunted by nightmares of his old nemesis. Towards the end of the episode, Murdoc in a jeep attempts to run over his old enemy, but MacGyver manages to move out of the way. The jeep with Murdoc in it goes over the cliff as he screams out MacGyverrrrr and then it explodes when it hits the ground. Later Mac again finds out a body was never recovered and then he receives a call that appears to be silent until he hears Murdoc’s evil laughter as the episode ends.

Here is a picture of Murdoc

obsess26.jpg

Edited by The_Stooge

I wrote an essay on this show in my blog a while ago. www.livejournal.com/~raygunfactory

One of the greatest things I've ever seen was the other day when he made a fan produced parachute gliding thing. He took a fan from a mini wind tunnel, a helmet he found, some other stuff, and cut out the wall of the big tent structure he was in. Within no time he was very slowly swooping in and kicking gun wielding baddies, and picking up people with his legs. Gold.

I liked that last episode when he and his son used air tanks or something as rocket packs to blast out of the boat they were being held in. That was cool.

And I think he'll be in some of season 9. I've heard rumours and maybe seen some things that I can't talk about.

It's Europe man. It has a good fan base in North America, but those Europeans just eat it up!

I never actually watch the show, I just see what I see at work. Although I have to say I quite enjoy Atlantis. I guess that's just the nerd in me.

But now this is a Stargate thread. Quick someone say something cool about Macgyver! His mullet, his mullet was awesome!

Macgyver....haha. I remember once on e-bay a guy was selling a Macgyver survival kit. I believe it contained two twist ties..a rubber band, a paper clip, and a pack of chewing gum..I wish I hadn't lost the link, the whole thing was hilarious.

I've never actually watched a full episode. But hey, who needs too? I'm my own Macgyver, give me almost no information about the show, and I can save the world, one line at a time.

B)