supercanuk

Tory Victory

you don't think that there is ANY legitimate talent in gangsta rap?

(i specify gangsta, because i don't think k-os, sage francis, and that type of artists is gangsta)

edit: i just noticed how loaded you are. give me all of your money. (note the punctuation; it isn't a question.)

Edited by josiegross

I'm sorry, I wasn't aware there was talent in gangsta rap in the first place. Doesn't take much talent to have someone else play a synth part while you detail your life of banging VD-carrying whores and shooting guns at your enemies.

Definatly good points Graham.

Im not one for "gangsta-rap", i dont really know what that is, but i usually call rappers who are idiots gangsta rappers. I think there are some (few) good rappers, like Talib Kweli, he doesnt make a ton of money but he puts what he does have (not just money but time) into poor areas and where he grew up and what not. K-os is good, K'naan i sorta like but i havent heard much other then his single. Immortal Technique is really awsome, i dont know if you guys have heard of these rappers, but there not really that huge and famous ( other then Talib and K-os). Anyway, i think theres really good rap out there that is full of talent, usually by the lyrics you can tell if its going to be good. If it starts with: " I banged my hoe and shot up my friends and slapped some old women in the face" then you're best bet is that it sucks, and is probably done by 50-Cent. If its about cooperative self-determination and freedom etc like Dead Prez ( another awsome rap group) then you're getting into the quality.