RicardoObviouso

Nhl Trade Deadline Thread

the nhl trade deadline is upon us once again, and once again rumors are flying like planes in/out of LAX.

there has already been movement, as dwayne roloson is now an oiler and marius czercawski was claimed off toronto waivers by boston.

since i'm from vancouver, im obviously excited to see what our gm can pull off, i'm not expecting too much on this side, though, maybe a rental defenseman and a low end backup for auld.

ed belfour might be shipped out along with mccabe, for all you toronto fans, and luongo might be a panther no more. post your thoughts/input/speculations here.

i hope you're right, most of the players are already suffering from some injuries and are rather tired, there is just no sense in cramming another 8 games into a tight schedule. AHL players and some elite junior players would love to get this kind of opportunity.

Colorado is going to do something big, they almost always do. I heard a rumour, no idea how much there is to back this up, about St. Louis possibly being moved to make more room to sign Brad Richards. Colorado could be interested.

Colorado is going to do something big, they almost always do. I heard a rumour, no idea how much there is to back this up, about St. Louis possibly being moved to make more room to sign Brad Richards. Colorado could be interested.

you called it. colorado just obtained theodore from montreal for aebischer

recchi traded to carolina for a player to be named later and a draft pick.

florida resigns jokinen

anahiem trade 2nd round draft pick for jeff friesen

canucks get goalie mika noronen from buffalo for 2nd round pick. canucks also trade their 4th round pick for sean brown from new jersey. i bet thy're done.

rumor has it curtis joseph will be traded again, as his current market worth for the remainder of this season is only $300,000.

i have heard rumors that luongo could go somewhere in ontario, either ottawa or toronto, hopefully ottawa for two reason, 1) since hasic is out, we need a good goalie, and 2) i really dont like the leafs and my team montreal, have the final playoff spot in the east.

ottawa will not trade for luongo because they just signed mike morrison.

toronto will not get luongo unless they unload belfour, and that doesnt look to be happening.

montreal just got aebischer, who is playing the best hockey of his career.

thanks for coming out.

Edited by one_trick_pony

the canucks have failed to make the move to put them over the top yet again. There is still an hour left but I think OTP is right, they are done. Nonis, what a hack. Although the Noronen trade is alright, we need someone better then Brown to shape up that injured defense.

not bad. to bad we didn't get brendan witt. the preds needed a defensive d-man like him and they're gonna be a lot tougher to beat now. Hopefully they'll knock Detroit off of first place

EDIT: Oliers just got samsonov. doens't say who or what went the other way yet

Edited by rebellious_L

im pissed the leafs didnt do anything...at all...but still good for edmonton on getting samsonov and Dwayne Roloson and same for vancouver on getting 3 defenseman...boost there changes for the playoffs