I don't think I have heard anything mentioned about this band on this here site. Any fans? Anyone loved The Ugly Organ as much as I did? The brilliance that is Driftwood: A Fairy Tale...

Anyways if you haven't heard them do so now:

Myspace

Their new album Happy Hollow is out in August and I'm currently enjoying the leaked version. Sounds like what the cello was to the Ugly Organ, the horn section is to Happy Hollow.

Yeah I haven't listened to Domestica too much. Looks like I'll have to get on it. I love how this guy doesn't have the greatest voice and yet it works so well with the music.

"My arms, my legs, my heart, my face they're alive!"

And she would cry, "Liar, liar!

What have I done?

You're no lover, and I'm no fighter."

For those interested, Happy Hollow, which is due sometime in August can be found here:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LRWXORHV

One of my friends encouraged me to listen to The Ugly Organ and I was highly unimpressed. They just sound like Brand New with an organ player (with the ocassional use of strings).

By the way, I'm sure Cursive came out before Brand New but I could care less. These emo-related bands are useless--a year in a half down the road, you'll regret listening to any of these shitty bands.

Edited by Shortcut To Moncton

Are you serious? Obviously you didn't listen to the same band as I did. Cursive sound nothing like today's disposable "emo" bands. They're indie rock and if anything I'd liken them to bands like the National, Modest Mouse, The Constantines and The Decemberists rather than Brand New. But I guess this is indicative of todays society, music has to have enough of a pop edge to hook people, otherwise they'll instantly discard it. Albums like these, the type that grow on you and take a while to fully appreciate, don't get recognized by most one-track minds.

Are you serious? Obviously you didn't listen to the same band as I did. Cursive sound nothing like today's disposable "emo" bands. They're indie rock and if anything I'd liken them to bands like the National, Modest Mouse, The Constantines and The Decemberists rather than Brand New. But I guess this is indicative of todays society, music has to have enough of a pop edge to hook people, otherwise they'll instantly discard it. Albums like these, the type that grow on you and take a while to fully appreciate, don't get recognized by most one-track minds.

You're the one who listens to Billy Talent, Alexisonfire, and all of those interchangable bands!

You're the one who listens to Billy Talent, Alexisonfire, and all of those interchangable bands!

Yeah, I do but I also understand the difference between those types of bands and bands with depth. Bands like Cursive, The Constantines, Modest Mouse and The National experiment with different musical styles and ideas. Their lyrics are original, the contain elaborate metaphors and complex diction. These bands are willing to try new things and don't produce music that feels stale and cliched.

You're right, I do enjoy the other spectrum of music but I understand what it is. Pop, made simply to consume and discard. I like this type of music too, but the real Artists within the genre are the ones I end up coming back to after I'm sick of the one dimensional pop.