zenkey

New (or Old) Directions For Good's Music

so like i said, jinkies, the word 'prohibited' wasn't used in your point of reference. if you'd like to discuss things that anton doesn't want discussed on the board HE PAYS FOR, you are free to make your own messageboard.

;)

I don't understand your argument. If Anton doesn't want something discussed, then he's bound to either delete it or ban the person who is making that discussion. Are you saying that that's not basically prohibiting someone from talking about certain topics?

I am always one to believe that Matthew Good's personal life is his own. Whatever he is going through, it is no one's business but his own and those who surround him. That being said, his personal life also contributes to the music he makes. I know for one if I am in a depressed mood, my writing reflects that and seems to be stronger. But no matter Matt's mood, he has continued to display a passion for his art and his fans love him for that. My hope is that he will continue pushing on and allow music to be his ultimate form of expression.

Y'all are fucking vultures.

"I wonder what Matt's heartbreak will bring me. Gee, I can't wait to find out!"

your new, so go slow - i agree many ppl are very greedy and only think of them selves. matts music has been there for his fans for many years and im sure matt needs some help these days. its time his fas are there for him

so like i said, jinkies, the word 'prohibited' wasn't used in your point of reference. if you'd like to discuss things that anton doesn't want discussed on the board HE PAYS FOR, you are free to make your own messageboard.

;)

I don't understand your argument. If Anton doesn't want something discussed, then he's bound to either delete it or ban the person who is making that discussion. Are you saying that that's not basically prohibiting someone from talking about certain topics?

what's not to understand?

this is anton's board, and he makes the rules. not you. he's been pretty nice about the whole subject, and i think that asking you to have enough respect for him, and for matt, and not talk about shit that is nothing but speculation in the first place isn't really that big of a deal. but you can't just be cool about it, and leave it at that, instead you have to play the victim and throw in some bitter little smart ass comments at the end of what COULD have been a decent thread.

if you don't like the way things are, you can hit the fuckin' road. period. the board will likely not miss you, and since the majority of the posters here are in agreeance that the subject of matt's personal life isn't up for discussion, i doubt there will be a fuss if you choose to leave because you feel that you're 'prohibited' from saying what you want to say.

;)

what's not to understand?

this is anton's board, and he makes the rules. not you. he's been pretty nice about the whole subject, and i think that asking you to have enough respect for him, and for matt, and not talk about shit that is nothing but speculation in the first place isn't really that big of a deal. but you can't just be cool about it, and leave it at that, instead you have to play the victim and throw in some bitter little smart ass comments at the end of what COULD have been a decent thread.

if you don't like the way things are, you can hit the fuckin' road. period. the board will likely not miss you, and since the majority of the posters here are in agreeance that the subject of matt's personal life isn't up for discussion, i doubt there will be a fuss if you choose to leave because you feel that you're 'prohibited' from saying what you want to say.

I wasn't referring to the 'Anton's board' part of your message. What I didn't understand was this:

so like i said, jinkies, the word 'prohibited' wasn't used in your point of reference.
as part of your argument.

So as I said before:

If Anton doesn't want something discussed, then he's bound to either delete it or ban the person who is making that discussion. Are you saying that that's not basically prohibiting someone from talking about certain topics?

The thought had crossed my mind to start a board of my own for open Matthew Good discussion. However, I wouldn't be willing to pay the money and invest the time to do it. Therefore, the better option for me is to discuss my view here. I respect Anton for what he does. From what I've seen he's a generally nice guy who seldom loses his cool. I know that he ultimately controls the board. But I should be able to argue my side and try to make a point. In the end, I may have made an impact, a dent of an impact, or none at all. Regardless, I tried. I hadn't planned on extending the issue beyond this very thread.

I don't think you can claim to know how the majority of the board feels about this subject. Perhaps what you've witnessed is the vocal minority. I've seen a significant amount of people in favor of discussing the personal life of Good to a certain degree. Again, I feel that separating the man from the music is illogical. Conduct an anonymous poll, then tell me the results of how the majority feels. I'm not claiming you're wrong about their opinion, I just don't think you can claim to know it.

Enough about the 'you can leave if you want' and 'Anton's board' stuff. I know. I seldom post here and over the last two years, I have usually just read anonymously then gone about my way. I don't have real friends here and I don't claim to - of course no one would miss me and my absence would go unnoticed. I visit because I sometimes find this board an interesting place for Matthew Good information. I was compelled to post in order to support my belief.

P.S.: The "Yankee" comment from earlier was a joke. I'm from Iowa, though I know you probably didn't catch that. :angry: