I was listening to "The All Request Power Lunch" on Winnipegs Power 97 today, and I heard something I've never heard on the radio before. A Dude called in and requested "Giant" by The Matthew Good Band... and they played it! the thing is, I've heard this song hundreds of times before but it seems so much more special when it's on the radio. Like I'm sharing a moment with all the other people listening or something. maybe I'm weird. Honestly though, don't you get a different feeling when you hear a song you love on the radio as opposed to on a CD?

Maybe thats what it is. it couldn't have come at a better time either because I just got pissed off because I had a shitty work task to do and as soon as Giant started, I cranked the radio and it cheered me right up.

I've largely given up on 97. I haven't listened to the radio for quite some time. The Ongoing History Of New Music is a great show; they play lots of stuff you wouldn't normally hear on the radio. It's how I found out about Nick Cave. "For people who don't think Leonard Cohen is somber enough."

I was listening to "The All Request Power Lunch" on Winnipegs Power 97 today, and I heard something I've never heard on the radio before. A Dude called in and requested "Giant" by The Matthew Good Band... and they played it! the thing is, I've heard this song hundreds of times before but it seems so much more special when it's on the radio. Like I'm sharing a moment with all the other people listening or something. maybe I'm weird. Honestly though, don't you get a different feeling when you hear a song you love on the radio as opposed to on a CD?

Totally it's special. Me and my buddy(drifting influence) were at the Pemby one Thursday night and Suburbia came on. Fuck man I could of sworn it was the second coming for us. So awesome man, and yeah its amazing how moments like that really change your mood.