Crusader

Old Demos

You "ordered" it? Does that mean you payed for it?

Why pay for something that was stolen from Matt in the first place?

I'm pretty sure he's referring to the site where if you donate 10 bucks or more to the Red Cross, the guy sends you a copy of History Teacher. So he's not making money off of it, a charity is benefitted, and you get awesome MG tracks.

If you actually just payed someone on eBay or whatever though, yeah, you got screwed.

I'm pretty sure he's referring to the site where if you donate 10 bucks or more to the Red Cross, the guy sends you a copy of History Teacher. So he's not making money off of it, a charity is benefitted, and you get awesome MG tracks.

Oh, ohkay, Phew. That sounds really nice. ;)

Anyway my first tier favourites are: "Push," "Euphony," "Dancing Invisible," and "A Better Pain." I also like "Umbrellaless" and "Mercy Misses You," "The Ocean," and "Parable" pretty well. Almost all of them have very intricate lyrics and interesting composition, so it's hard to pick.

I don't mean to be rude, I used the search feature to locate this thread. After reviewing it and looking at the date I wasn't sure if the files had been posted then removed. I was unaware that you still hadn't uploaded the files, or am I missing something else?

I am uncertain about the reference to the rules? maybe you can clarify a little better. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I have the links to the History Teacher Demos on page 13 of the Matthew Good Upload Thread in the NF Lounge.

Since I'm still a handful of posts away from accessing the lounge (and I ain't spam-posting just to get there), I'd like to know if those are lossless files from the 2-CD compilation. If so, I'll just wait to get 'em from there, otherwise I'm going to start hunting for the actual CDs.

(mp3s made from something that was originally on cassette are so evil, they hurt my teeth when I try to listen to 'em)

Edited by umdesch4

Really? I thought somebody took the tapes and made a 2 CD set out of them, sampling direct from original cassettes, without any lossy compression in between. Then the mp3s that are floating around were made from those digitized recordings.

Actually, noting that the 2 CD boot was released in 1997 (see here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_Teacher ) and back then mp3s were still far from mainstream (eg. Napster was still 2 years away), I'm fairly sure that's the case.

Edited by umdesch4

A lot of that stuff in that article is actually from this site I think. Two of our members do have the tapes though and I think those might have been digitized if you're interested, but I think that the CDs "for sale" now are just the mp3s burned to CD.

edit: the tape was released in 1997, not the CD. (At least that's what I remember...)

Sleep, The Jangolier, and William Sits in Avalon in the NF Store were taken from the tapes directly but they're not lossless.

Although, I don't know why anyone would want a wav or flac of these demos, honestly. lol