MountainMan

2010 Summer Tour

I was at the Kelowna show. I've seen Matt many times and the quality of this show was relatively average. Nothing creative really, no new songs... just rehashing, getting paid I guess. He flubbed the lyrics completely during ASR at which point somebody from the audience actually came on to the stage to jog his memory after he had stopped the song. Not a whole lot of banter throughout the show. He seemed a little out of it at times to be honest. Drummer and guitarist were great, bassist was lame as usual. Pretty good crowd for an auditorium show. The opening band Elias was pretty good. Setlist, not in order: (big let down of an encore considering the crowd energy heading into it. he needs to read the crowd and resist the temptation for an 8 minute ballad when everyone is dying for EIA, Giant, Last Parade, etc. whatever - "he'll play what he wants to play." ya, i get it, but you all know its true).

Boy Who Could Explode

Apparitions

I'm A Window

Fought to Fight It

It's Been Awhile Since I Was Your Man

Alert Status Red

Champions of Nothing

Single Explosion

Born Losers

Volcanoes

Weapon

Blue Skies Over Badlands

Silent Army in the Trees

I like the encore too. And I like all the songs in the setlist.

Maybe I should not judge just by seeing one setlist, but I don't think I'll pay to go see him on this tour when it is the same as the last one I just saw a few months ago. It would be nice to hear some new stuff, or ANYTHING from the huge amount of music he has that has not been played in the last two tours.

I love his music and really enjoy seeing him live, it's just starting to get old. Really just 3 or 4 songs thrown in the mix of his more rare stuff would make a huge difference for a lot of his fans. Look how excited we all got when he added "Future is X-rated" in the last tour - and that was only one song!

Edited by Vance

Just got back from Muskoka, was at the show in Bala. Awesome night, can't really remember the setlist. Songs that were played:

On Nights Like Tonight

Avalanche

Born Losers

Volcanoes

Great Whales of the Sea

Fought To Fight It

A Silent Army in the Trees

Hello Time Bomb

Apparations

Load Me Up / Love Will Tear Us Apart

Weapon

Encore:

Giant

Champions of Nothing

I remember those songs, the order is wrong for sure, besides the first two songs and the encore. Matt didn't talk much at all, just something about it being weird that the stage is like 6 feet off the ground.

Edited by here is no why

Just got home from the free concert in Lewiston NY:

Giant

Hello Time Bomb

Future Is X-Rated

Born Losers

I'm A Window

Silent Army

Black Helicopter

Great Whales of the Sea

Load Me Up

Us Remains Impossible

Apparitions

Weapon

Champions of Nothing

It's Been A While Since I Was Your Man

Lewiston was a great concert, and I totally agree with Matthew that the gorge is one magnificent backdrop...I can't believe all the elderly folks that were in the crowd and stayed until the end!

-yensid

Had tickets to Bluesfest to see Matt in Ottawa last night. I had a nap and slept in and missed the show lol ;) . A nice waste of $50. But at least i didn't have to pay for parking.

GGrrrrr BALLSACK!!!!

That sucks balls.... so sorry to hear. Was the nap at least worth it?

Here is what you missed... no banter really, but he was on his game.. the energy of the crowd was great.. and the rendition of Champions was spot on.. I wondered as he had hurt his hand and had a small brace on his forearm for the show. I was right at the front... upset DSLRs are now banned from the venue, because I would have got some sweet shots...

Ottawa Bluesfest Setlist

1. Giant

2. The Future Is X-Rated

3. Hello Time Bomb

4. The Boy Who Could Explode

5. Great Whales of the Sea

6. Born Losers

7. It's Been a While Since I Was Your Man

8. I'm a Window

9. Load Me Up

10. Alert Status Red

11. Apparitions