jennzebel

Mg & 54-40 @ Rock The Shores

They just announced a show here in Victoria BC Canada in July - a 2 day outdoor festival where MG is playing the same day as 54-40....I wonder if this is the 1st time David Genn and MG have shared a stage on the same day since the disintergration of MGB?

Edited by jennzebel

i'll add this to the site later but here are the details:

Saturday July 13

​Victoria, BC, Canada

​Juan De Fuca Recreation Centre – Lower Fields

http://www.rocktheshores.com/

Tickets Go On-Sale: Friday March 22 @ 10:00am PST

GENERAL ADMISSION SINGLE DAY - $59.50 + S/C

​GENERAL ADMISSION 2 DAY - $89.50 + S/C

Available online at: www.ticketmaster.ca, charge by phone 1-855-985-5000.

​In person at: Juan De Fuca Recreation Centre Reception (1767 Island Highway 250-478-8384)

​Lyle’s Place (770 Yates St. 250-382-8422) and Ditch Records (784 Fort St. 250-386-5874)

VIP SINGLE DAY - $109.50 + S/C

​VIP 2 DAY - $189.50 + S/C

Available online only at www.ticketmaster.ca, charge by phone 1-855-985-5000.

​INCLUDES: Priority entrance, priority access to parking (limited), raised viewing deck & seating (limited).

​Separate washrooms and food & beverage facilities. Limited quantity available. 19+ only

They just announced a show here in Victoria BC Canada in July - a 2 day outdoor festival where MG is playing the same day as 54-40....I wonder if this is the 1st time David Genn and MG have shared a stage on the same day since the disintergration of MGB?

They both played in Calgary last summer at the Stampede Roundup event. And by last year I mean 2011.

Edited by AnOceanPearl

2012, it was rather uneventful from a fan perspective, there was a half hour between sets and i doubt they saw eachother back stage

that said, great show if you get to see both of them.

I am tempted to go...but won't even though I haven't missed an MG show in 12+ yrs...not in love with summer festivals...will wait for him to come back on his own tour. Was a bit worried they might be all mature and make friends and in my fan-dream world David would come on stage with MG and play...haha If that EVER happened and I missed it...well we cannot talk about that....

I might go to it, but I don't really want to pay the money to see him and maybe a few other bands (109.50 $ is pretty expensive). I'd rather wait until he comes on his own, but I don't know yet, I may go after all.

am I incorrect to think that Matthew Good and 54-40 being on the same bill constitutes a crime against huemantiy?

I would say you are correct in that observation. I heard about Dave's funeral behavior on George Stroumboulopoulos Tonight during a MG interview. He doesn't come across as a positive, happy go lucky guy. I hope his negative vibes don't put a damper on Matt's performance.

Edited by girl

You're good, Shane.

I'm glad Ian and him are on good terms these days. He never mentioned anything about Rich though. I hope they're good too.

You're good, Shane.

I'm glad Ian and him are on good terms these days. He never mentioned anything about Rich though. I hope they're good too.

He actually did, at least twice to my knowledge. One time in a thread around here about an MGB reunion saying that he was certain that Dave and Rich would do it for the money. Another time was on a now defunct official forum on mg.org. What I can remember he wrote, don't quote me on that, was that Rich apparently tried to stir up trouble between him and his now ex-wife back in 2005-2006.

I don't have any other details as this forum is now gone and has been for a long time. I hope I'm remembering it right.