Moonlight_Graham

Favorite tracks on Chaotic Neutral?

It reminds me of how I feel about Devils in your Details.  I like both songs, and they are catchy and in the right mood I quite enjoy them.  The problem is because they are very mood specific for me, where the rest of the album I can listen to in any mood.  So it becomes a rare song where I contemplate skipping when listening to the entire album.  

It's mainly a question of taste for me. It just doesn't get to me. I also don't like the cowbell and the synth solo.

I also get the feeling that he tried to sqeeze too many words in the melody during the "Caught under a spell, you know they’d call you on it every time we meet yeah the secret’s on again" and "Caught under a spell, you know they’d call you on it every time we meet yeah the secret’s on again sit and read Jailbird, got nothing but time" parts. I don't like it when a song does that.

But good for you if you like it! ;)

Edited by Tips

It is all so beautifully subjective.  For what is worth, my favourites:

Los Alamos-  "I can hear your heartbeat on the other side of town" just gets me right in the chest. Literally changes my heartbeat.

Army of Lions- top vocal performance for me, plus the production and engineering are the best on album for me- just sonically sounds best in the car!

That bass line just drives the song and I love the atmospherics- reminiscent of AOB which I love the production on..

Cloudbusting- huge fan of Kate's and this song in particular.  Covers can be so hit and miss for me even from my favourite artists-something sacred about some songs makes you reluctant to hear them being covered, so to hear Matt managed to stay fairly faithful to the original, yet still put his inimitable mark on it was perfect for me.  

Cold Water- love the guitar work and just my type of Matt tune tempo wise.

Kid Down the Well/Tiger/Harridan all great and get honourable mention in terms of whole band performance. 

A fantastic album that I find myself continuing to go back to despite my initial misgivings about the whole thing...the track that really gets me though is "Los Alamos"...it's way up there for me...the kind of song that perfectly sums up an otherwise indescribable collection of emotions and memories for me.

Guest Idioteque

I'm addicted to Moment, as soon as the keys kick in you're hit with one of the best musical pieces ever written (in my opinion hehe). I'm surprised no one wrote that before, it such a catchy pattern. He didn't play it night 1 in Vancouver & that bummed me out because I read "Weapon" upside down on the setlist quickly but figured it said Moment since it's a new song. But he played it the second night! Satisfied fan.  :b: 

I saw Matt after the Rio concert when the demo version just got released, the only thing I said was "I love the keys on Moment" and he said something along the lines of "I already forgot them".

I'm addicted to Moment, as soon as the keys kick in you're hit with one of the best musical pieces ever written (in my opinion hehe). I'm surprised no one wrote that before, it such a catchy pattern. He didn't play it night 1 in Vancouver & that bummed me out because I read "Weapon" upside down on the setlist quickly but figured it said Moment since it's a new song. But he played it the second night! Satisfied fan. :b:

I saw Matt after the Rio concert when the demo version just got released, the only thing I said was "I love the keys on Moment" and he said something along the lines of "I already forgot them".

I went to 5 shows, and he only played Moment at one, in Montreal. When they started playing it I got really excited. Super glad I got to see it live. I really really like Moment.

I played that demo over and over and over.