rmak

First Green Mp

So I hear that David Anderson, former Environment Minister, is thinking of joining the Greens. This would be a spectacular breakthrough for the party. Having an MP would almost guarantee a spot in the next debates; further split this divided Liberal party who has had a stranglehold on Canadian politics; and give the proper attention to the Greens, which they deserve.

The reason for his leaving, other than being fired last June by Martin, is because of the Liberal's lack of commitment over the Kyoto accord. The government has been stalling for months because of the sway that corporations hold over them - companies that commit countless environmental crimes each day.

"...an environment-friendly party such as the Greens has breakthrough potential in Canada and (he) refused to rule out the possibility he might become the Green's first MP."

You know, the difference between the Liberals/Conservatives and NDP/Greens is that L/C are in it to be career politicians, and the NDP/Greens are just citzens who want to help their community. I Really hope that Anderson joins the Greens, and that party get's a foot in the door.

And it's quite pathetic that NA has no respect for the Kyoto Accord. Why is destroying yourself so profitable?

Is he really?

This would be absolutely great for the GP, but I don't really think that he'd be elected. People rarely vote for an individual MP, they vote for his/her party membership, with only a few exceptions.

Even though electoral reform is unlikely to happen before the next election, the Greens getting a spot in the debates/winning a seat or two isn't entirely impossible, and I sincerely hope it happens.

You know, the difference between the Liberals/Conservatives and NDP/Greens is that L/C are in it to be career politicians, and the NDP/Greens are just citzens who want to help their community.

Really, you can't be that naive.