Yes I did say they were overrated in another thread, but so many people seem to be into them that I am looking for songs I may not have heard to give them another chance.

Give them another chance?

To not get them on the first try is fucking stupid. This band is like the alternative Beatles. There's no bettering the Pixies.

Tie. Caribou and Dig For Fire. Anyone notice how Caribou has that whole Echo and the Bunnymen sound and also sounds a lot like Radiohead, even though the Pixies pre-date Radiohead? It's amazing to me that the Pixies are not considered one of the greatest bands ever considering that the Pixies influenced countless bands.

Tie. Caribou and Dig For Fire. Anyone notice how Caribou has that whole Echo and the Bunnymen sound and also sounds a lot like Radiohead, even though the Pixies pre-date Radiohead? It's amazing to me that the Pixies are not considered one of the greatest bands ever considering that the Pixies influenced countless bands.

They are considered one of the greatest bands ever.

They are considered one of the greatest bands ever.

By music lovers and some critics, but you'll never hear a Pixies song on the radio and you'll never hear any DJ mention the Pixies when they talk about the greatest bands ever.

since when does a djs opinion about whats great matter anyway?

they dont even have the balls to play what they wanna hear, they just play the crap theyre told to play, the same 4 songs, 15 times a day, every day, etc etc

Edited by mrs jesus

I know the DJ's are corporate whores, but they won't be fired if they just mention that the Pixies influenced most of the bands that are played on the radio today. I firmly believe you will see less and less people liking anything but mainstream music in the years to come because of Corporate Conglomorates. People don't know what else is out there, and unless they research on their own, bands like the Pixies will become more and more obscure.

Including Mr. Good, by the way.

I bought the Pixies greatest hits a few years ago cause I heard Matt Good talk about how big of an influence they were on his music.

My first thought when I listened to that album was, "he was right."

I know the DJ's are corporate whores, but they won't be fired if they just mention that the Pixies influenced most of the bands that are played on the radio today. I firmly believe you will see less and less people liking anything but mainstream music in the years to come because of Corporate Conglomorates. People don't know what else is out there, and unless they research on their own, bands like the Pixies will become more and more obscure.

False.

Their fanbase has expanded exponentially in the years when they weren't recording music. They've headlined festivals, sold out shows and had TV documentaries devoted to them.

That's hardly obscure..