Which of the new Bright Eyes albums do you prefer?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the new Bright Eyes albums do you prefer?

• I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning
    • Digital Ash In A Digital Urn
    • They both suck

Not really sure... Two totally different sounds... I'm Wide Awake is more accoustic and Digital Ash is more electronic inspired...

I'm sure there's an actual reason, but that's my guess.

I haven't checked these out yet, but Oberst is being hailed by mainstream rock mags as the songwriting voice of our generation. I have large reservations about that statement, but I am willing to give them a shot. From what I hear I'm Wide Awake... is the far superior record.

Pretty much anyone with an acoustic guitar gets hailed as the next Dylan these days. Bright Eyes are okay, but nothing terribly special.

really? i haven't heard that one.

You can hear the music mature throughout his musical career, making it easy to wonder where this vibrant soul will be in two more years, five more years. His music has been compared to Bob Dylan, but among their countless differences, Dylan was more poetic while Oberst is more straightforward with what's bothering him.

http://www.epitonic.com/artists/brighteyes.html

That's it... I'm looking.

I swear it's something about a douche.. and god damn it, I need to know.

EDIT:

And she was blinded by the light

Cut loose like a deuce, another runner in the night

Blinded by the light

She got down but she never got tight, but she'll make it alright

Damn it... douche would have been so much cooler.

That's it... I'm calling Bruce Springsteen and demanding he change the lyrics...

... Wait, weren't we talking about Bright Eyes?

Edited by badseed

that's bruce springsteen?

wow, i had no idea.

those lyrics lie, he's totally saying douche, we know the truth.

he didn't sing it, though.. so maybe the singer changed it to douche. it was about you, after all

Digital Ash was boring. I really liked Light Pollution, Theme From Pinata and Gold Mine Gutted, but the other, what, 10? They all sucked badger dick.

"I'm Wide Awake..." isn't that great either, which made me want to vote "They both suck!" but i guess it's not that bad, compared to Digital Ash.

"Lifted..." and "Fevers and Mirrors" both kicked the shit out of both the new albums combined, anyway.

Thought the package for Digital Ash was the coolest package i've seen since Lateralus.