I was far from sold on the Trews when their biggest song "Not Ready to Go" hit the radio. And they're from really close to here, so that says a lot. Then they repackaged the album to include a live cut of some of the songs. Something about the album not capturing the songs the way they were meant to sound. I picked it up, and man o man, it's like listening to a different band. Live they absolutely rock - I'm pretty close minded about most new bands. Ac/dc and Zeppelin are my standard fare, and I love this album.

So i went to see them live. They are intense, man. They give'er for the whole time they're up there. When I saw them it was almost christmas and a hometown show, they played "Bohemeian Rhapsody" beginning to end with immaculate harmonies, and some choice covers to liven up the encores. Their musicianship is great - the guitarist soloed forever, all by himself, and it was entertaining throughout. They're produced by Gordie Johnson (from Big Sugar) and now I know why he spends time with them - they are a fantastic rock n' roll band. Anyone else seen 'em?

I saw them open for Big Sugar at BS's final show in Edmonton. I went in not liking them but came out a believer. As you said, they are a completely different band live. In fact, they should probably only ever release live albums.

This band knows how to giv'er; they even stood at the door after Big Sugar finished and shook hands with everyone as we left.

Edited by CaptainRocket

Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit Shit

I've seen them open for Big Sugar and then again for their own show. Simply amazing live band. High energy and some nice covers.

At one point the band left the stage, except for the drummer who just blew everyone away with some crazy-ass drumming.