Bloodflame

How many concerts have you been to?

For me, 5 so far.

August 5, 2000 - Dunnville, ON @ Dunnville Music Festival (w/ Danko Jones, Headstones, Sloan)

May 19, 2002 - Cayuga, ON @ Cayuga Speedway (w/ Bif Naked)

September 13, 2002 - London, ON @ Western Fair (w/ Flashlight Brown, Bif Naked)

April 12, 2003 - Hamilton, ON @ Convention Centre (w/ The Miniatures, The Dears)

August 29, 2003 - Brantford, ON @ Civic Centre (w/ Pilate)

IMHO, I think the Hamilton show was the best, perfomance wise. The Brantford show, however, was the best memory ever for me. I met Matt by the bus, he gave me his autograph and put me on the guest list. We chatted for a few minutes, then he went in to practise. It was a great experience!

How bout the rest of you?

One ;)

My mom wouldn't let me see mgb because she sai dI was to young. When he came to ottawa in April I had phenomia so I wasn't allowed to go and it probably was a good idea.

So I saw him at the EX in Ottawa for 9 dollars. Yay! only 9 bucks!

Ive seen 3 Matt Good concerts.

The first one I saw was at the Vogue when Matt was touring Beautiful Midnight. I met his parents at the show and Matt torched a teddy bear on stage. I'll never forget how good of a show it was. One of Matt's quotes was "My parents are at the show, and they don't like it when I swear, well Mom, Dad, I'm having a fucking good time!"

Next time I saw him was at Kamloops, we got there 3 hours before the show started, Treble Charger and Copyright opened. We were the only people in line until 15 minutes before the doors opened, bad promotion I guess. We were front row for them and I left with Dave Genn's pic.

Last time I saw Matt Good was back at the vogue, he had just broken up from the "band" and had the copyright guitarist playing with him, he previewed songs from Avalanche then and did the most amazing remake of Symbolistic White Walls, adding in Villain of the Year at the end of the song.

I also met the entire band about a week before they broke up in langley, Ian Browne was hitting on my old girlfriend, and Rich couldnt even sign his name when he autographed my shirt. Great time though. Matt didnt have much to say, though Dave talked a bit.

i really hope he comes to vancouver.

comes to Vancouver :angry: are you out of your mind? he lives there! ;)

when he tours after the album comes out, i can assure you there will be multiple dates in the van-city

ive actually met the orginal mgb in ottawa, good while ago. i was younger and brought my dad, brother and sister. we had to go around to the back for wheelchair access for my brother and they were back there, i couldn't really say anything (damn shyness!!) but my dad said "you guys wail!". it was a lil embarassing but still a pretty good memory!

ive actually met the orginal mgb in ottawa, good while ago. i was younger and brought my dad, brother and sister. we had to go around to the back for wheelchair access for my brother and they were back there, i couldn't really say anything (damn shyness!!) but my dad said "you guys wail!". it was a lil embarassing but still a pretty good memory!

haha. sounded great ;) there's nothing much to be shy about though. When I met Matt, I figured I'd be really shy, but then we just started talking and I felt so comfortable around him... he's a cool guy to chat with. he'll even autograph your stuff for you (but try not to get more than one thing signed at a time. i've heard horror stories about people wanting everything signed at once).

I got my Avalanche signed! :angry:

post-2-1084226038.jpg

1. Clydes, Pointe Claire, Que. $5, maybe 100 people in a super small room. Show was like 2 2/1hrs.

2. Spectrum, Montreal, Opening for Big Sugar, way to short.

3. Spectrum, ", Don't remeber much

4. Jay Peak, VT, Super small again but at 4 in the afternoon it was wack. Got a Beautifull Midnight poster signed by every memebr of MGB though.

5. Metropolis, Montreal, One of the best, the Liquor and Guns tour there.

6. Metropolis, Montreal, Avalance Tour

7. CNE, Ottawa, Half Hockey rink, fun show.

8. Ste. Adele Quebec, Last night was good aside from all the equiptment problems. Everyone but the drummer had something break on them. Matt wasn't too impressed.

So am I winning? ;)

i have only been to one. Copyright, The Watchmen, and a band that slips my memory opened for the MGB. It was in Winnipeg, at the Forks Canada day festival - totally free. This was the largest crowd they ever played at, something like 30 000 people. or maybe i'm wrong, i dunno. it was good, but had an excessive amount of drunks and mosh-pitters, which proved annoying.