Monkey

Tipping A Fool

Minimum wage in NS is $6.50. I live with my girlfriend in a one bedroom apartment. Being a couple is definitely a kickass money saver.

$300 rent

$225 food

$40 phone, internet

$15 power

$60 bus pass

That's my half of the monthly bills. I book conference rooms in a hotel for $10 per hour so my bills are easily paid for with one pay but it would kinda suck if I were paying all on my own.

Edit: Also, minimum wage drives up cost of living. I hate inflation, raising minimum wage seems like it only hurts the middle class; lower class doesn't seem to get ahead at all.

Also tends to raise unemployment rates. In Oregon we've among the highest minumum wage in America, 7.25 (USD)... which is something like 8.60 Canadian. But the higher people expect to be paid, the less people are likely to be hired.

My last 3 job applications have yielded nothing so far, waiting on results from a 4th, and applying elsewhere tomorrow. It kinda sucks.

Edited by HoboFactory