Prometheon

Help Me With Procrastination

Hahaha I suppose so, yes. Though we don't live togehter so it's kinda diffuclt for her to enforce anything.

Also, I have amazing willpower in every other regard. Just not sitting down and actually doing work. And somehow I'm still pulling decent grades for first year. Ugh.

well when you leave stuff for the last minute, it is usually when you do your best work (well i do). But one way to keep you from procrastinating is get into a room where nothing will bug you. get ride of the tv, unplug the internet from your computer and do some work. if you gotta study, go sit on the toilet, best place to study cause there is nothing to bug you.

my husband and i attempted nanowrimo this year... and we found something that worked quite well for motivation.. i haven't attempted to use it for anything other than that... and it wasn't something that would get you into gear if you were lackluster about starting, but something rather to keep you going once you get started... and that was give yourself a goal and a reward... ours was no smoking until we wrote X number of words... just pretty much sit down, start working and keep at it until you reach a good point, and then reward yourself... if itis a strong enough "goal" then it should keep you at it... if you are having a problem with getting started, then i have no clue what to suggest =) hehe... as w/garsk, i often found that i did my best work under pressure, but not always the smartest route to go.. hope that helps in some way

Id say set down a specific time to get something done and follow through just once. If you follow through once, then you will usually get a lot completed, and since you started something, you'll want to get it finished and set down more time to finish it up. I dunno thats what i do, because i hate leaving unfinished projects. This may or may not apply to you at all.

This is how I get stuff done:

Beth wants to go for a run but also needs to read 100 pages of assigned reading from her cunt of a teacher. I set a goal of how much reading I need to get done that day and then cut it in half. After I finish half the reading, I can go for my run. After my run I feel really good about myself and then I have the energy to do the rest of the reading. Works for me.