so I was just reading about the newest family values tour and there was an interview with Munky from Korn. at one point the discussion turned to "Head" leaving the band because his "spiritual awakening". the interviewer described Korn's lyrics as "the group's acidic lyrics, which often wallow in self-loathing, alienation, betrayal and hypocrisy". AS someone who used to be a fan of the band, this sentence made the most sence to me. Look at where Korn started compared to where they are now. their change in musical style could be compared even to Metallica's early albums vs. St anger (no, I'm not saying that Korns early stuff was as good as Metallica's early stuff). But look at the words used to describe their lyrics "self-loathing, alienation, betrayal"

Korn, as a band, hates themselves so much that they found the need to alienate themselves from everyone that loved what they were, in turn betraying the very people who got them to where they are.

In other Korn news, a 30 year old man has died at one of their stops on the Family Values tour (well, he didn't die THERE, rather he was assulted there and taken to a hospital where he died.) what a way to go man. I could see this 10 years ago when Korn was touring in support of their self titled album and at the time they were considered cutting edge and innovative. Maybe rocking out in some shithole bar in Buttfuck Idaho. there you are headbanging when suddenly you think you see someone you recognise but it isn't actually the person you think it is. but she saw you staring and now her 260 pound biker boyfriend has a problem with you looking at his woman. You try to explain but get stabbed, all the while, Korn is on stage playing "Blind" and none of them realize that Head will one day leave to make christian music, Jon will get really really fat (compared to how he used to look) and Fieldy will release a rap album that is such a joke that William Hung would make fun of it. (although, the fact that it was called "fieldy's Dreams" makes me pity him for the third of his life he spends asleep.) THAT would've been a time where dying at a Korn concert would be worth something. not now. not after the shit that they've done. "y'all want a single?" is a song about how singles and radio play are stupid and it was supposed to be the anti-single... AND THEY RELEASED IT AS A SINGLE!!! "Twisted Transistor" (though the video was great) is just completely aweful. How about their covers of "Word up" and "Another brick in the wall" which would make the writers of the original versions roll over in their graves (I have no idea about the band Cameo, but I know that Roger Waters isn't dead... probably wishes he was though after that)

But the real question here is where the fuck was security during this? reports are:

"As reported on Entertainmentwise yesterday (August 1) Andy Richardson, 30, was attacked by two men when he tried to protect his pregnant girlfriend and mentally ill child from rowdy fans." how could something like this go un-noticed? even though I don't believe that a pregnant woman and a mentally ill child should be on the floor at a rock concert, someone should have seen what was going on.

thats some messed up shit.

so I was just reading about the newest family values tour and there was an interview with Munky from Korn. at one point the discussion turned to "Head" leaving the band because his "spiritual awakening". the interviewer described Korn's lyrics as "the group's acidic lyrics, which often wallow in self-loathing, alienation, betrayal and hypocrisy". AS someone who used to be a fan of the band, this sentence made the most sence to me. Look at where Korn started compared to where they are now. their change in musical style could be compared even to Metallica's early albums vs. St anger (no, I'm not saying that Korns early stuff was as good as Metallica's early stuff). But look at the words used to describe their lyrics "self-loathing, alienation, betrayal"

Korn, as a band, hates themselves so much that they found the need to alienate themselves from everyone that loved what they were, in turn betraying the very people who got them to where they are.

or maybe they just suck?

In other Korn news, a 30 year old man has died at one of their stops on the Family Values tour (well, he didn't die THERE, rather he was assulted there and taken to a hospital where he died.) what a way to go man. I could see this 10 years ago when Korn was touring in support of their self titled album and at the time they were considered cutting edge and innovative. Maybe rocking out in some shithole bar in Buttfuck Idaho. there you are headbanging when suddenly you think you see someone you recognise but it isn't actually the person you think it is. but she saw you staring and now her 260 pound biker boyfriend has a problem with you looking at his woman. You try to explain but get stabbed, all the while, Korn is on stage playing "Blind" and none of them realize that Head will one day leave to make christian music, Jon will get really really fat (compared to how he used to look) and Fieldy will release a rap album that is such a joke that William Hung would make fun of it. (although, the fact that it was called "fieldy's Dreams" makes me pity him for the third of his life he spends asleep.) THAT would've been a time where dying at a Korn concert would be worth something. not now. not after the shit that they've done. "y'all want a single?" is a song about how singles and radio play are stupid and it was supposed to be the anti-single... AND THEY RELEASED IT AS A SINGLE!!! "Twisted Transistor" (though the video was great) is just completely aweful. How about their covers of "Word up" and "Another brick in the wall" which would make the writers of the original versions roll over in their graves (I have no idea about the band Cameo, but I know that Roger Waters isn't dead... probably wishes he was though after that)

But the real question here is where the fuck was security during this? reports are:

"As reported on Entertainmentwise yesterday (August 1) Andy Richardson, 30, was attacked by two men when he tried to protect his pregnant girlfriend and mentally ill child from rowdy fans." how could something like this go un-noticed? even though I don't believe that a pregnant woman and a mentally ill child should be on the floor at a rock concert, someone should have seen what was going on.

thats some messed up shit.

you should write a book