Manchalivin

Stuff You Bought

That's a good question. The honest answer is that it really depends on what you are doing. Quad core give the machine the ability to do more things at once. The clocks run a little slower, which may or may not mean it does things slower (clock speeds are a lie... it's like assuming a car with a higher rpm limit is faster, there is just more to it than that). The reason "what" matters is precisely because the performance comes from parallel, not single thread execution. Most applications these days are good at backgrounding tasks, the OS will take advantage of that and run them on different machines. This is going to show if you do any graphics editing, video, or audio. In general day to day (word processing, email, web) you might not see any boost at all.

A Burris Fastfire 2 red dot sight for my favourite shotgun.

And a Vortex SPARC red dot sight when I found ou the first one would be delayed by weeks while I fill out import licenses.

And a Streamlight TLR-1 weapon light, also for Mr. Shotgun.

I need help with this addiction.