can't say i'm really shaken by this. i liked them when they first came out because they were largely different than anything else on the canadian pop music scene. i'd also have to say that i'll always appreciate them for helping make it easier for bands like fucked up to get exposure. overall their output was pretty inconsistent, and they really didn't leave us on a high note. you could see and hear the interest in the band waning, and that's pretty disappointing for a group that started with so much promise.

i find it interesting when so many people call george petit "talentless" yet claim to be huge fans of the band. what kind of standard do you have for music you listen to when you admittedly listen to a group whose members you dislike. what's even more irritating is when people can't even be bothered to explain why george is talentless. the world would be a better place is people could once in awhile QUALIFY THEIR THOUGHTS ON A WRITTEN FORUM. what george brought to the table was immensely important, since the vocal juxtapositions were what set that band apart from any of their canadian counterparts.

i find it interesting when so many people call george petit "talentless" yet claim to be huge fans of the band. what kind of standard do you have for music you listen to when you admittedly listen to a group whose members you dislike. what's even more irritating is when people can't even be bothered to explain why george is talentless.

He's talentless because he sucks, and pretty much 95% of the male population could make annoying screaming grunts as good or better than he did. On the first record he had no musical talent. zero. He made the band worse musically. He got a lot better on the other albums though, but i'm sure that's the result of some fine producers who did some computer magic and lowered him in the mix a bit, and maybe taught the guy what 'music' is and what good screamo actually sounds like. Obviously there were a million other people who agreed with me.

I love the first album despite George. They're an awesome band, despite George. The 2 guitarists were especially amazing musicians.

what george brought to the table was immensely important, since the vocal juxtapositions were what set that band apart from any of their canadian counterparts.

One thing i'll give him credit for is that he brought awesome energy to the live show What set the band apart musically is that they made awesome songs and and could play the shit out of their instruments. Waterwings or .44 Caliber Love Letter etc. are amazing songs even if they had no vocals at all.

and pretty much 95% of the male population could make annoying screaming grunts as good or better than he did.

that is a straight-up lie and i dare you to even try.

george was better than a lot, if not most in his prime.

but the first album was by far, soooooooooooooooooooooooo much better than anything else they ever did again. i really did get into crisis for a while, but only because a friend showed me how much better it was than watch out!

Edited by Dan #2