AnOceanPearl

Solo Acoustic Shows - Calgary/vancouver

Guest Idioteque

That's just what he said on stage.

Don't shoot the messenger.

If there is ever a recording of the entire show I'll re-listen to it & make sure I'm not miss-quoting him,

But I'm 90% sure he said March is when the album is out and April is when he plans to do an acoustic tour,

Because he also said that he's looking back at older/rare songs to do live for the April run & he's doing 4 shows somewhere on the east coast.

I'm sure if he (Or anyone who went to the Vancouver show) pops on the forum they will correct me if I'm wrong, I'm just overly excited by the news.

Reply to Girl,

It's nice when crowds are respectful. Matt let the crowd sing some of "Symbolistic White Walls" and it felt like an entire stadium singing along, it was amazing. Made me think on the ride home if crowds had more chances to participate during his songs, kind of like whenever Dave Grohl lets the crowd sing "Best Of You" or "My Hero".

Lol but I don't think a room filled with 300 people will ever be as good as 1 Matt Good. (He made a comment about Geoff after that song and it made me tear up, R.I.P Geoff)

Edited by Idioteque

Guest Idioteque

Would there be a way for you to do a limited run of vinyl online too?

"so I'm not sure if there will be vinyl produced that will last the whole tour."

I doubt there will be any by the time you get back to the west coast. That would break my heart.

I think it would be great if you considered kickstarter (Even though im sure you've said no to that idea)

Fans can pay upfront for their vinyl, and you will know how many records that need to be made instead of guessing if you'll have enough or made too many.

I cannot miss an opportunity of grabbing your vinyl catalog before it's all gone.

If it has to be done I'll probably fly out to NFLD for one of the shows just so I can pick up the limited pressings.

I'm such a loner... :P

Guest Idioteque

Once you get a record player, you'll be a vinyl addict for life, Its worth it.

Numbering the records would be cool!

Even if you coloured the limited pressings, make them unique.

I geeked out when I saw that my Arrows Of Desire was on white.

MGB would be awesome as a boxset, I own "Soundgarden-Telephantasm" Collectors Edition, that same style would work so well at representing Matthew Good Band.

http://media.insidep...ephantasmsd.jpg

Gives you a lot of freedom to be artistic, if you don't mind your records not being gatefold. (Also if you can fit each album on both sides of 1 record, you could probably put Raygun, Lo-Fi & Loser Anthems on 45's)

Of course whatever is affordable.

Just a vinyl nerd's opinion. :P

Edited by Idioteque

Guest Idioteque

I think they're in "The Lounge" which you need you have 60 posts to be able to enter.

I've yet to be allowed in there but I've seen people talking about the Calgary show recording being there.

Anyone know if the Vancouver show was recorded or not?

Matt's banter was hilarious during it.

"The War On Christmas"

Hope this helps my friend. :)

Downloads and Bootlegs

• If you want to post MP3s or concert bootlegs, please post them only in the NF Lounge.
  • The lounge is one of many sections that require NF Fanatic status to participate in.
  • If you do not have NF Fanatic status it can be acquired by the time you reach 60 posts or may be purchased by trading in your NF$ for an upgrade in the NF Store.
  • Based on your previous posts and contributions, you may also request NF Fanatic status from a moderator.
  • If you are posting a download in a public forum area, use the "hide" bbcode around the paragraph containing the link.

Edited by Idioteque

This just made my day, glad to hear the progress, I would kill for loser anthems and audio of being on vinyls, AND warne is back? This just can't get any better.

Ya sorry, I might have got lost in translation. We hope to start recording in March. After that there's a spring acoustic tour being worked on that's geared towards in being 2015, and therefore 20 years since the release of my first record. One thing I AM working on for that tour is to have runs of hopefully most of the catalogue available on vinyl at the shows. If i can't get them all, the ones that will most certainly be focused on are Beautiful Midnight, Hospital Music, The Audio Of Being, Underdogs, and LOTGA. I might even see if we can do Loser Anthems. We'll probably start with small limited runs, so I'm not sure if there will be vinyl produced that will last the whole tour. If it gets done, and all the cross-label stuff can get worked out, it'll be more of a litmus test. I also plan for the t-shirt to be a 20 sided dice with the 20 facing forward. i know you can already get shirts with those dice on them, but want to do that for the 20th anniversary.

i know there are tap delay pedals out there, but when you're singing and playing such an intimate song, your tempo is always changing, sometimes for just two bars to place emphasis on a line. Trying to foot-tap all that would be the biggest pain in the ass imaginable.

And warne is producing. I just want to be a musician on this one. Obviously I have tons of input, that's how we always work, but his sounds are superior to mine.

MGB would be awesome as a boxset, I own "Soundgarden-Telephantasm" Collectors Edition, that same style would work so well at representing Matthew Good Band.

http://media.insidep...ephantasmsd.jpg

That looks really cool. Yup, a MG/MGB boxset would look nice on a book shelf.

@girl, You're speaking my language when you start posting Jeff Buckley tunes :D

He sure was an amazing singer. It is so sad his life was taken away at an early age. I wonder where he would be today if he didn't pass away.

Ya sorry, I might have got lost in translation. We hope to start recording in March. After that there's a spring acoustic tour being worked on that's geared towards in being 2015, and therefore 20 years since the release of my first record. One thing I AM working on for that tour is to have runs of hopefully most of the catalogue available on vinyl at the shows. If i can't get them all, the ones that will most certainly be focused on are Beautiful Midnight, Hospital Music, The Audio Of Being, Underdogs, and LOTGA. I might even see if we can do Loser Anthems. We'll probably start with small limited runs, so I'm not sure if there will be vinyl produced that will last the whole tour. If it gets done, and all the cross-label stuff can get worked out, it'll be more of a litmus test. I also plan for the t-shirt to be a 20 sided dice with the 20 facing forward. i know you can already get shirts with those dice on them, but want to do that for the 20th anniversary.

i know there are tap delay pedals out there, but when you're singing and playing such an intimate song, your tempo is always changing, sometimes for just two bars to place emphasis on a line. Trying to foot-tap all that would be the biggest pain in the ass imaginable.

And warne is producing. I just want to be a musician on this one. Obviously I have tons of input, that's how we always work, but his sounds are superior to mine.

Thanks for keeping all of us in the loop Matt!! I am extremely excited for the next album, just judging from the quality of your demos so far.

Hoping for a London stop on that tour next year. Would love to add to my vinyl collection.

But then again maybe that's just me. To me, the genius of Matt's work comes in his ability to combine melody with various other instruments and progressions, so I've never really been a fan of his acoustic stuff

You know what? I take that back. His acoustic versions of Pledge and Indestructible are incredible.