Jessafur

Radio Edits

I recently started buying the old MGB singles online and I have amassed quite a collection of the radio edits from that. I have also been thinking about phoning the local radio station and asking them to play the singles over the air so that I can record them on their websites to collect the censored and shortened songs I can't find the singles online for, and in doing so I started wondering if anyone else does this. Do any of you have a collection of the radio edits? Do any of you care about the radio edits? I feel like I'm probably pretty alone on this front since most people want to collect the physical CD that a single gets rather than the edited audio, whereas I see it the other way around. The audio is what I find cool and the physical aspect of the CD's are just an added bonus if I can find them.

I've got all the cd singles from Underdogs,BM, AoB, Avalanche, WLRRR. (I dont know if any were released for LOTGA or anything after In a Coma, but if so, those are the ones I'm missing).

I can check the tracklisting and let you know which ones have edits on them. A lot of them are 1 track singles (album version).

That'd be awesome if you could! I already have these ones:

Apparitions

Born Losers

Hello Time Bomb (Canadian)

I'm a Window

In a World Called Catastrophe

Near Fantastica

Rico

Strange Days (American)

The Vancouver National Anthem (Fan Made)

Weapon

If you'd be able to share any with me I'd be so greatful!

Edited by LostAndFoundAndLostAgain

I can see why they went with No Liars.  It has a pretty catchy hook.  It's one of those songs that gets stuck in your head.  It's a little more accessible to the average music listener than Army of Lions.  Don't get me wrong, I like both songs.  I can just understand why the label went with it.

The fan favourites and the radio singles don't typically mesh up.

Hey just a small update since I don't know if anyone has ever seen this before. I was rooting around a used record store the other day and found this in the dollar bin. Thought it was pretty cool.post-5048-0-39439300-1464723638_thumb.jpgpost-5048-0-67975900-1464723686_thumb.jpgpost-5048-0-04390700-1464723735_thumb.jpg

Edited by LostAndFoundAndLostAgain

Hey just a small update since I don't know if anyone has ever seen this before. I was rooting around a used record store the other day and found this in the dollar bin. Thought it was pretty cool.P_20160531_123555_1_p.jpgP_20160531_123606_1_p.jpgP_20160531_123614_1_p_1.jpg

I hear of these, success finding every few years... anyone think maybe Matt plants them in various location... creating treasured memories or an iconic bond to his music