d_hambly

Next record

Not sure if anyone caught this a few weeks ago - I don't believe I've seen it mentioned - but this was posted by the MG camp on March 17:

UPDATE: Due to a scheduling conflict with making his next record, Matt will not be performing at Tall Pines Music & Arts Festival We apologize for any inconvenience. Team MG.

Unfortunate to see a show cancelled - I'd be bummed if I had tickets - but stoked for a new record!

Also interested to see musically where this album goes. Reeeaaally like the vibe of Lost and Found Kids but don’t know if we’ll ever see something like that again. Regardless I am looking forward to what’s next and who’s playing on the record. 

I would love to see another straight up rock album like Arrows of Desire.  Have 11 solid rock songs and throw in 1-2 epic balads similar to Guns of Carolina and you have Matt's big comeback album. Follow it with a full band tour and boom it's a formula for success. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I wonder if maybe he can be released from the constraints of having to be successful. I'd be interested to see what happens if he went in the Lights of Endangered Species direction and could explore where he wanted without having to worry about a radio single? I mean, none of that is how business works so it's more of a thought exercise than a legit prediction where he's going. 

On 5/3/2023 at 7:45 AM, foats said:

I would love to see another straight up rock album like Arrows of Desire.  Have 11 solid rock songs and throw in 1-2 epic balads similar to Guns of Carolina and you have Matt's big comeback album. Follow it with a full band tour and boom it's a formula for success. 

Arrows of Desire is the overlooked gem of his entire discography.