Jessafur

2024 Tour

Matt and the band were on-point last night in Saskatoon. For those who were worried about him because of the Weapon performance in Edmonton the night before, as he explained on Reddit - it was an issue with the track which screwed up the timing. Everything was great in Saskatoon last night - including Weapon which was one of the most intense songs. He opened with Tripoli (which I never thought I’d ever hear live as a full-band version) and then into Decades. New song Daylight Actual sounds fantastic, and Something Like a Storm was on the set list last night too. Matt was really engaged with the crowd, and was very gracious at the end…clapping for the crowd, taking his hat off and bowing. Great to see him back again. As a fan who’s been watching him tour since 1999 - Don’t let a chance to see him pass you by - talents like this don’t come by very often and when they’re gone, they’re gone. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

The Brandon setlist looks amazing. Boy and his Machine Gun, Born to Kill, Tripoli, Guns of Carolina!! Take my fucking money and take your flowers you magnificent bastard!! 

My only complaint is he played the only 2 songs of his I always skip (Born Losers and Alert Status Red)  Sub in Police Cars and Strange Days and it's a dream set.

Heya all, hope you're doing well! I hit the VIP in Kingston as it was sold out in Montreal and it was similar to what others have said - group photo only (still not sent via email to us). no signing. no cassette (which was the main selling point for me, I don't really care about autographs), they said we could get a shirt instead but I refused it having already grabbed what I wanted earlier -- hoping to argue to get on a mailing list for the tape or to get access to the WAV/FLACs. Dying to know what's on it!

Seemed that they are playing Born to Kill sort of in the new style (like BM Revisited)? There's a recording up on Dime a Dozen and more to come (tapers in BC always deliver, so many thanks to all of you doing those things for our benefit). I recorded both shows + the soundcheck on an iPhone, lossless, but doubt it compares in quality - happy to share if anyone is interested. I was foolish and naive in thinking that offering Matt a USB key with idk 55 gigs of live audio and video was a good idea, which he refused instantly. oops. I'll happily mail it to the first person that DM/PMs me their address + of course will gladly send everything slowly/over time for anyone else that is interested in those things. 

Also super glad he "fought long + hard" to get the rights to the shelved-album that will come out in June.

Best, S.

Edited by invasion1

The cassette was the main selling point for me too. I don't really care about tour shirts. I almost wish I could get a refund. Oh well.

That is so cool and thoughtful of you.  55 gigs of live audio and video is a lot of data!  Would there happen to be any never-before-seen Matthew Good/Band rarities or gems on there?

I'm glad Matt "fought long + hard" to get the rights to the shelved-album. I was really anticipating hearing some news on it. I've always wanted to experience an electronic album from him. It seems like his forte and right up his alley.

Edited by sharon
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 4/17/2024 at 8:21 PM, sharon said:

The cassette was the main selling point for me too. I don't really care about tour shirts. I almost wish I could get a refund. Oh well.

That is so cool and thoughtful of you.  55 gigs of live audio and video is a lot of data!  Would there happen to be any never-before-seen Matthew Good/Band rarities or gems on there?

I'm glad Matt "fought long + hard" to get the rights to the shelved-album. I was really anticipating hearing some news on it. I've always wanted to experience an electronic album from him. It seems like his forte and right up his alley.

Agreed, pretty excited to hear the rest (really enjoyed the first three songs we heard as mp3s). I suppose the rarest stuff in the live shows is getting an infrequently-played-song + the various rants/talking sessions? I was really happy to get a few nights worth of the Beautiful Midnight Revisited tour (LeifH + Sean Gursky's hard work) as I don't think there is a studio version of "Running for Home" with the guitar lead. Thanks a ton for putting your 2024 recording up on Dime! 

As expected the iPhone's recordings are clipped to hell + back / pretty garbage overall but the VIP session (Daylight Actual, Tripoli) is here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1gHHPPOV15z7pzHGdRLrie8gPMPYFyi9V?usp=drive_link

I suppose one of the best parts of the trip was stumbling on a record store near the venue + actually scoring a sealed copy of that 2x 45rpm 180g Audio of Being press from 2018 (pretty beat up but has some extra artwork) and Moving Walls. I'm not a big vinyl person but kinda had to jump at those. I previously only had Something Like a Storm (seemed like the best use of an amazon gift card) + Raygun signed, which was up for sale the last solo tour (impulse "support the man" purchase).

• Like 2

On 4/18/2024 at 2:38 AM, invasion1 said:

Heya all, hope you're doing well! I hit the VIP in Kingston as it was sold out in Montreal and it was similar to what others have said - group photo only (still not sent via email to us). no signing. no cassette (which was the main selling point for me, I don't really care about autographs), they said we could get a shirt instead but I refused it having already grabbed what I wanted earlier -- hoping to argue to get on a mailing list for the tape or to get access to the WAV/FLACs. Dying to know what's on it!

Seemed that they are playing Born to Kill sort of in the new style (like BM Revisited)? There's a recording up on Dime a Dozen and more to come (tapers in BC always deliver, so many thanks to all of you doing those things for our benefit). I recorded both shows + the soundcheck on an iPhone, lossless, but doubt it compares in quality - happy to share if anyone is interested. I was foolish and naive in thinking that offering Matt a USB key with idk 55 gigs of live audio and video was a good idea, which he refused instantly. oops. I'll happily mail it to the first person that DM/PMs me their address + of course will gladly send everything slowly/over time for anyone else that is interested in those things. 

Also super glad he "fought long + hard" to get the rights to the shelved-album that will come out in June.

Best, S.

No signing stuff? And still no cassette? I really hope they will mail the cassette at a later time then. I assumed the VIP thing would be basically the same as what was stated on the site, at the time of booking it.

On the upside, the concert footage I've seen is so exciting and I know it's going to be an amazing experience to see him live. So I'm still a happy girl. Just a bit disappointed to hear that the VIP bit is not going so well. 

12 hours ago, Born_To_Chill said:

No signing stuff? And still no cassette? I really hope they will mail the cassette at a later time then. I assumed the VIP thing would be basically the same as what was stated on the site, at the time of booking it.

On the upside, the concert footage I've seen is so exciting and I know it's going to be an amazing experience to see him live. So I'm still a happy girl. Just a bit disappointed to hear that the VIP bit is not going so well. 

Exactly, like Sharon said -- it wasn't much of a VIP or it was poorly-executed. I get it, mostly, he must be so tired of the same questions/interactions with his fans. The venue didn't even check that we paid, so anyone could have wandered in from the street : ) Anyhow, it was really great to catch him "as a band" again, that's for sure + the news about the upcoming record was just icing on the cake. 

I think I'll wait for the tour to finish up before emailing about the cassette tracks (crossed-fingers). Kinda hilarious that they still haven't sent the group photo out.

• Upvote 1