Moonlight_Graham

The U.s. Presidential Debates

Call me a dork, but I'm sad that I have to go to campus to watch the debate with my class, rendering me unable to attend any of my friends' debate parties.

Now let's hope my professor doesn't see me making fun of both candidates when we're supposed to be paying attention.

I noticed that too. He's stammered a couple of times and sounded panicky. For some reason, Bush doesn't think that adapting new views on issues is a good thing. I guess someone should tell him about Strom Thurmond the formerly vehement racist turned tolerant old man. He rejected segregation and never looked back. Does that make him weak?

It seemed that every time Bush lost his focus (which happened a lot), he just threw in the flip-flop thing that Kerry explained on more than one occassion. Kerry seemed more comfortable in the debate process and had more to actually say.

Kerry actually impressed me, performed far better than I expected from him.

me too. i was impressed by him. Usually he's really boring to listen to, but he really hammered home some good points.

I'm really glad Kerry brought up the nuclear weapons stockpiles in Russia, and his promise to get rid of them within 4 years. That is something that Bush has never really talked about, and never even mentioned during the debates. Why go to Iraq for chemical weapons when there are hundreds of nukes sitting in poorly guarded run-down barns in the middle of nowhere in Russia?

Bush did ok himself, but he said the same points he's been saying forever. I guess everyone is used to what he has to say, so i don't think Bush gained any ground. But Kerry did well and i am more impressed by him now.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6159637/site/newsweek/

Oct. 2 - With a solid majority of voters concluding that John Kerry outperformed George W. Bush in the first presidential debate on Thursday, the president’s lead in the race for the White House has vanished, according to the latest NEWSWEEK poll. In the first national telephone poll using a fresh sample, NEWSWEEK found the race now statistically tied among all registered voters, 47 percent of whom say they would vote for Kerry and 45 percent for George W. Bush in a three-way race.