Bladeso

Florida Amendment 1:

anyone read about this one...

this is indeed a sad day for those of the age of the minority

Florida Amendment 1: Parental Notification

Amend the Florida Constitution to require notification of the parent or guardian of a minor before an abortion; Florida Legislature would be required to provide exemptions and create a process for having notification waived.

4,495,251 For

2,454,848 Agianst

Is it even possible to have an abortion if your not able to legally consent? I mean doesn't the clinic require consent? I'm not familiar with the process.

Peace

From what I've been taught, if you're a minor and you want to have an abortion, a judge can sign a form granting you permission so that you do not have to ask or tell your parent/guardian.

This new law sucks for young women in Florida, indeed. Let's hope it doesn't last or spread.

Sorry I'm kinda dumb are they putting in place or removing the method to waive the notification of parents/guardins?

I happen to be pro choice I feel its better to have an abortion as opposed to raising yet another child in a loveless household.

What really scares me is here in Calgary we just had a municipal election, and the new head of the Catholic School board has said that if anyone graduates from the Catholic school system with a pro choice attitude it means the system has failed.

Whats next banning the teaching of evolution?

i don't wholly aggree with this. but if something this tramatic (and abortions are usually quite the experience) then maybe those they are subject to at home should be aware. but so often its not tooken as, "okay lets go easy on her", but "wow shes a slut. where did we go wrong?"

This is crazy, man! I tell you if I was 14 and prego and had to tell my mom and dad I would seriously consider blowing my brains out. My parents would not have understood.

My heart goes out to the young women of Florida.

Btw, What's the age of minority there?

Whats next banning the teaching of evolution?

In some states, teachers can lose their jobs for teaching evolution.

Kerry brought up a great point in the debates: "I'm not going to require a 16-year-old girl who's been raped and made pregnant by her father to tell her father that she's getting an abortion."

my stance as a pro choicer:

I belive that a girl reguardless of age or reason should be able to have an abortion without parental knowledge. This is not to say that it can be used as a form of birth control. I simpley belief that an abortion is a hard enough decision not to consider having to tell mom and dad the girl got pragnet.

On a side note I belief that the age of magority in Northamerica is 18