jimpattison411

Matt Good At Ucfv

Just endured 6 hours to see Matt Good play at UCFV. All the bands were really shitty...except for Matt Barber...he was 'ok'. The security rail started to bend and break when the crowd got too rowdy...Matt tried to get people to come down...to no avail. Crowd taunted Matt at points, and I'm pretty sure he cut his set list short...He told some random person to "blow him", so that was pretty funny...anyway, here's the set list.

Near Fantastica

Hello Time Bomb

Put Out Your Lights

Suburbia

Avalanche

Oh Be Joyful

Load Me Up

Blue Skies Over Badlands

Weapon

- There Was No Encore -

The burden of proof is on the plaintiff not the defendant.

Matt Good said it first.

Anyways here's some crappy pictures I took.

My camera hated Matt Good too. If you look really closely you might be able to see him!!!

diso003.jpg

diso004.jpg

These next two were taken right after one another as I attempted to get Matt, who was standing still, in the middle of the picture.

diso005.jpg

diso006.jpg

I failed and quit.

Oh, and the guy who posted this thread forgot Alert Status Red, which he played third (after Hello Time Bomb).

Edited by miles2025

I was there and didn't think the crowd was all that bad, esp. after MG asked them to cool it.

The concert ended badly, with a lot of people - including me - pissed off that the MG set was under an hour. A Bruce Springsteen concert this wasn't! Many were standing around not believing that they had waited 6 hours for this, and nobody had the guts to get up and say it was over. Sorry, I like MG, but this a bit of a disaster for him, esp. with non- die hard fans.

I was there and didn't think the crowd was all that bad, esp. after MG asked them to cool it.

The concert ended badly, with a lot of people - including me - pissed off that the MG set was under an hour. A Bruce Springsteen concert this wasn't! Many were standing around not believing that they had waited 6 hours for this, and nobody had the guts to get up and say it was over. Sorry, I like MG, but this a bit of a disaster for him, esp. with non- die hard fans.

Do you really think it is actually wrong for a musical artist not to condone acts of violence towards himself and his bandmates?

So tell me, if you were at work one day, and a bunch drunk guys stopped by and decided to start throwing plastic bottles and shoes directly at your head, how would you react?? Would you say, oh well, this must be part of my job, I'll learn to deal with it? The fact is that performing onsatge is a touring musicians job, and for you to stand there last night and watch the stage get pelted with flying objects and state that you: "didn't think the crowd was all that bad," is pretty ignorant man.

Do you actually think that deciding NOT to do an encore (in Abbotsford of all palces) is actyally in any way 'a disaster' for a musician, or will amount to anything?

What I think is actually a disaster here is the way in which the student council President and his cronies organized the event and the way he (President) acted towards the musician after the fact, that is what would be called unprofessional here.

Cheers,

JK

Gee, JK, I guess we saw different concerts. I don't condone "acts of violence" like you implied, but I didn't see anything like you're suggesting. Maybe I've been to too many concerts and my threshold is higher... Of course, I've been to concerts where a headliner going for an encore (or not) after 50 minutes would have caused a REAL disaster.

The vapid urban comment about Abbotsford you could see coming a mile away. Kinda like Vancouver types waxing on about the Port Mann bridge, even though they don't drive it and 3/4 of commuters don't go into Vancouver.

Now the ucfv thing... THAT I can believe. I heard it was worse last year.

By the way, I agree with the first poster. Matt Barber was by far the best of the earlier bands. Too bad he didn't get a lot of crowd response.At least the Hedley singer didn't take his clothes off like he apparently did at the PNE.

What's funny is that this is the first MG concert I've been to where he didn't het hit with anything.

I don't think I've ever seen Matt Good ever get hit with anything. Seen him 5+ times or so. Like others have mentioned it's just the rowdy school crowd.

Edit: Syntax was terrible.

Edited by worldofnoise