rebellious_L

Steve Moore Just Won't Go Away

I have just heard that Steve Moore has filed another civil suit against Tood Bertuzzi, this time in Ontario. He is seeking $15 million in lost income. I find it hailarious that Steve Moore thinks he had the potential to ever make $15 million in the NHL. Why couldn't Moore wait until after the olympics to add more distractions to the canadian olympic hockey team. He most have been converted to an american while attending university.

completely agree....it's just getting rediculus...for one WHO the hell needs 15million dollars? You can surive on the interest of 1million...let alone 15. Like he even had a chance of making that in the first place...pfff who cares anymore

I have just heard that Steve Moore has filed another civil suit against Tood Bertuzzi, this time in Ontario. He is seeking $15 million in lost income. I find it hailarious that Steve Moore thinks he had the potential to ever make $15 million in the NHL. Why couldn't Moore wait until after the olympics to add more distractions to the canadian olympic hockey team. He most have been converted to an american while attending university.

Let me get this straight...

Bertuzzi sucker-punches Moore from behind (and jesus christ I'll never be able to stick my head so far up my ass as to understand the justification for that act) and Moore suing him back for wages lost somehow isn't fair?

I have just heard that Steve Moore has filed another civil suit against Tood Bertuzzi, this time in Ontario.  He is seeking $15 million in lost income.  I find it hailarious that Steve Moore thinks he had the potential to ever make $15 million in the NHL.  Why couldn't Moore wait until after the olympics to add more distractions to the canadian olympic hockey team.  He most have been converted to an american while attending university.

Let me get this straight...

Bertuzzi sucker-punches Moore from behind (and jesus christ I'll never be able to stick my head so far up my ass as to understand the justification for that act) and Moore suing him back for wages lost somehow isn't fair?

Stuff like this happens all the time, it just doesn't get the air play that this does, because Moore won't let it die. Moore's neck broke because after him and Bertuzzi fell to the ice a whole shitload of people jumped on them and smeared Moore's face between the ice and Bertuzzi's massive mass. Perezhogin slashed someone in the face in the AHL a few years ago, he doesn't get booed and everyone had seemed to have forgotten the whole incident, and what he did was a hell of a lot worse and carried with it a much higher intent to injure. The truth is, Bertuzzi didn't mean to Moore's neck, he simply wanted to mess him up a little and things went rather wrong. Perezhogin wanted to break that guy's face with his stick. Brashear never sued McSorley. And the timing is absolute bullshit, as some have already said. Lastly, there is no way in hell Moore would have made $15 million in the NHL.

He was 25, finally cracked the fourth line on a team with some stars but no depth. He would have bounced up and down for a few years before signing some low budget ECHL contract to finish out his career. He already gets disablity pay from the NHL, and he has a degree from Harvard, so it is not like poor little Stevie is suffering and can't do anything with the rest of his life

Bertuzzi has served his punishment. He went to court in B.C., missed the rest of that season, missed a whole year of playing hockey in Europe last year, missed the World Cup and the World Championships.