Who had the best voice from the grunge era?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who had the best voice from the grunge era?

• Chris Cornell
    • Eddie Vedder
    • Lane Staley
    • Kurt Cobain

i'll give everclear this: i had always liked "brown eyed girl" by van morrison, but i absolutely love everclear's cover of it. art's voice and their style suit the song so well.

it is a good cover. i like it very much. they also did a good one of the boys are back in town

and shiri, im not to sure if they are still mkaing music, in 2004 they came out with a best of cd. but i havent heard of em since. i hope they make something that sounds like the good old everclear days, not volvo driving soccer mom.

cornell has an awsome, unique voice. even though he's one of the grandfathers of grunge, I wouldn't pick him as my favorite grunge singer. there's too much of a squeally hair- band influence in his singing.

cobain and vedder were true, complete grunge singers. they sang in minors

but my personal favorite is still daniel johns', despite coming in late in the game and essentially ripping off cobain's style. frogstomp is one of the best grunge albums in existence

Frogstomp has to be the worst Silverchair album, it's so juvenile.

And if you consider post-grunge bands, then Gavin Rossdale of Bush is my favorite singer. I love his voice.

they were 14 and 15 when frogstomp was written and recorded but it's their best selling album by far. it's also grunge, not post grunge

diorama is the worst album. that's reflected in sales and the fact that he can't sing any of those songs live

Yeah, it is funny. Frogstomp is good considering they were 15 when they recorded it but it's no my favorite. I kind of stopped listneing to them after Diorama was released but maybe their next album will be a good surprise. Daniel's voice did evolve a lot though, which is great.

I voted for Layne Staley basically because of how good Alice in Chains were. Dirt, Jar of Flies, Sap, and their MTV Unplugged albums show how deep the band really was. It is a shame that Layne died the way he did, but I guess that is just the course of nature for Grunge bands.

i've never listened to silverchair. i remember when they came out i heard a soundbite of them and i thought they sounded like a rip off of helmet. then i heard how young they were and couldn't take them seriously. 15 is too young to be singing grunge with any life experience to back it up.

actually that was probably the perfect time for them to be playing grunge. there were no expectations because, they were 15, so they could go all out. they had an unabated youthful energy and an amateurish playing skills which resulted in an extremely effective grunge album.it was so simple that it was almost ingenius. nobody older than 15 would think to write it, or get away with it