shade

Shade's Album Upload Topic

Neu! - Neu! 75

200px-Neu75_albumcover.jpg

I think you guys will really like this. David Bowie named his heroes album(or the song (can't remember)). after the song "Hero" on this album. It's Krautrock (which is german experimental music of the 70's).

Give it a shot.

Download.

the first two punk rock albums that i fell in love with. for people who enjoy lyrics.

s11133.jpg

bad religion - generator (1992)

s3797.jpg

bad religion - recipe for hate (1993)

if you like them, anything from 'suffer' to 'stranger than fiction' is also gold. before 'suffer', you gotta like crusty punk rock to get into, or, in the case of 'into the unkown' is absolute shite. after 'stranger than fiction', is either just okay, or, in the case of 'no substance', terrible.

51N5GAQDZRL._SS500_.jpg

Refused - The Shape Of Punk To Come

if you've never had an album change your life, this one will come pretty close.

it's really fucking sweet.

edit: listen to New Noise. i guarantee you will have it on repeat

this reviewer on Amazon puts it very well how awesome this is

I decided to download "The Shape Of Punk To Come" completely on a whim, based solely on the rave reviews I saw on this site. To put it mildly, my decision was vindicated. "The Shape Of Punk To Come" is one of those rare albums that both blow you away upon first listen and then get better with time. It's loosely classifiable as punk, but you certainaly don't need to be a punk fan to enjoy it. Nirvana, schmirvana: Kurt Cobain wouldn't have put out an album this diverse and genre-bending if he had lived to be a million.

I can't even put into words how powerful this album is, how much visceral impact it contains, how much utter steamrolling FORCE it hits you with. Dennis Lyxzen's vocals are often pure venom, the guitars pummel you relentlessly, and David Sandstrom's drumming hits harder than a brick dropped from the top of the Empire State Building. Listening to this album, it's obvious how much energy and conviction was put into each and every song. This is music without rules, without reservations, and without apology. I'd love to play it for the 98-pound, Good Charlotte T-shirt-wearing "punks" I see at the mall just to see the looks on their faces.

What's even more important than anything I've said above, though, is that Refused were intelligent and methodical about their sonic destruction. As its title suggests, "The Shape Of Punk To Come" is a punk album in the truest sense of the word: it's harsh, it's abrasive, and it's rooted in a deep sense of antagonism toward the mainstream. While all that's nice, it doesn't make for a classic album on its own. Fortunately, there's a lot more to "The Shape Of Punk To Come" than stereotypical three-chord, two-minute testosterone fests. Thanks to a level of creativity and musicianship high for any genre but stunning for punk, Refused showed a keen aptitude for composing memorable and interesting songs.

Edited by sodamntired

I'm not a big fan.

but who cares

Edit: Well since I got royally fucked over today...I'll upload some dumb shit...and you can be stimulated by it or not..or skim through it and say fuck this.

Cool....coming right up....

The Locust - The Locust

200px-Locustalbum.jpg

Hardcore/Borderline Grind/Noise Great Live Band

Download/Or Not

Shora - Malval

shora.gif

Post-Rock to an extent...there other albums are different genre's...including a split with merzbow.

Download.

Edited by shade