shade

Shade's Album Upload Topic

i'm not saying you're a loser, it's just linkin park, man. hey, they're on snl tomorrow night, maybe it'll give you a reason to watch. you can make popcorn and snuggle up on the couch with a blankie and stuff.

see..this is why i miss you when you go!

beth - i'm listening to wilco right now. i'm as far as 'we're just friends'. i like it so far. good voice, good sound. i wanted to check them out, but i've heard that they had a 'country sound' at some point, so i wasn't sure where to start. and holy shit, girl...320kbps?

also, beth: the last track on that wilco album you sent me is labelled wrong. its an alternate version of shot in the arm, not in a future age ;) anyway, i liked the album. more so the melancholy stuff than the upbeat stuff. there was a little 'twang' but i don't mind (and actually like) a little bit 'o' twang. i just loathe country style vocals/twang, and country style slide guitar. ick.

nah it was a joke on Dan who freaked out at me for posting in some topic he made.

Though I do kind of have this crush on a girl that works at some place nearby. But not really...my heart belongs to Acid Mothers Temple.

zOMG get out of my f0cking thread, you don't understand the joke...only soundless has the mental capacity to guyz!111

Haha, good one shade. I am kind of flattered you chose me over someone else for that one. You should totally ask that girl out who works near you!

And Chris I'm glad you like it! I don't know what's up with the last track being labelled wrong, but whatever. I think it was 320 kbps because I'm on a different computer, and that was the default setting? Not sure on that one sorry. Oh, and the earlier stuff has the more "country" sound to it, so I'll stay away from uploading any of that for you. (Also, I hope I like Dirty Three more than I like Grinderman coughcough)

Edited by soundless_space

I'd rather have 320kb/s over 128 (anything below 192kb/s really). I hate the fact that some stuff here has been uploaded at 128; it shouldn't even be possible to do that. 192 is my preferred as it is the best compromise between download time (and hd space) and quality.Variable bit rate is good too (really this make more sense than constant bit rate, I have no idea why I still encode at 192 CBR).

Also, this is long overdue and talking about this reminded me of it...

shade, I REALLY appreciate the fact that your library is so organized. I download everything you upload because I know it's going to be encoded at 192kb/s and that I won't have to attempt to re-download if I happen to like what I hear.

Not only that but everything is labeled exactly as I would. For one, it's clean and uniform. Even better, its labeled as track number, hyphen, track name. I don't have to clean up your files at all and you provide album art and year of release.

I've rarely ever had to tag your files at all once importing them to iTunes and it's not a big deal to me considering how much you upload.

So yeah, thanks man.

I'd rather have 320kb/s over 128 (anything below 192kb/s really). I hate the fact that some stuff here has been uploaded at 128; it shouldn't even be possible to do that. 192 is my preferred as it is the best compromise between download time (and hd space) and quality.Variable bit rate is good too (really this make more sense than constant bit rate, I have no idea why I still encode at 192 CBR).

Also, this is long overdue and talking about this reminded me of it...

shade, I REALLY appreciate the fact that your library is so organized. I download everything you upload because I know it's going to be encoded at 192kb/s and that I won't have to attempt to re-download if I happen to like what I hear.

Not only that but everything is labeled exactly as I would. For one, it's clean and uniform. Even better, its labeled as track number, hyphen, track name. I don't have to clean up your files at all and you provide album art and year of release.

I've rarely ever had to tag your files at all once importing them to iTunes and it's not a big deal to me considering how much you upload.

So yeah, thanks man.

Thanks, though I do have some stuff of low bit rate...I'm not as picky..my badass computer speakers make everything sound great.

Good times.

No problem, it's really helpful and saves a lot of time.

Pela - Anytown Graffiti

anytown_400.jpg

http://rapidshare.com/files/27959214/Pela_...affiti.zip.html

Check these guys out, I'm really enjoying their album.

Btw, I've been meaning to ask, can someone upload something by Limblifter? You guys keep mentioning them but I never managed to find any of their albums.

Edited by Designate

This Pela stuff is alright. Well I just started listening now, the music is good...vocals are decent enough, but kind of meh.

And ya, after all this quality talk...the only limblifter I have is 128 bitrate...god forbid!1

First of all - this is probably the greatest bored thread ever - just wish there was a way for the albums not to expire, but o well....

My first contribution is Voxtrot. They have  an album coming out next month - this is their first 3 EPs... I adore them.

Raised_vox.jpg

Download

i cannot stop listening to this album. and i went back like 20 pages to tell everyone.

ps - phil ochs is awesome, too

Edited by Ravenous megin-sane