shade

Shade's Album Upload Topic

This is the best thread ever on this message board no doubt.

Has anyone ever heard the band Green Milk For The Planet Orange?

Also, I try to leave feedback but it feels like I'm the only one doing ittttt. Therefore, I haven't listened to the Coltrane or East-West Blast Test Yet (downloading now), but The Kinks was awesome, and The Smiths s/t is classic. So thanks for them both Shaders.

Edited by soundless_space

East West Blast Test was weird. Coltrane was amazing... never get bored listening to that. Black Keys was actually pretty cool - I didn't think I would be into it, but it was quite bluesy.

I can't remember if I've already upload this band, but they're sweet so whatever. If you like XTC or Crowded House, Squeeze is sort of a combination of the two maybe. One of my favourite songs is on this album: "Pulling Mussels (From A Shell)"

argyyq0.jpg

Squeeze - Argybargy

Thanks so much Chrissers. I'll let you know what I think.

Aaaand I've been uploading tons of stuff for a friend, so here's a couple things people might enjoy:

The Pretty Things - Emotions

emotionsho3.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Pretty_Things

"The Pretty Things is a 1960s and 1970s rock and roll band from London. They pioneered a raw approach to rhythm and blues that influenced a number of key bands of the 1960s British invasion, particularly The Rolling Stones."

This band was basically Mick Jagger, and Keith Richards plus two dudes Dick Taylor and Brian Jones before they were The Rolling Stones, but they sound pretty different. David Bowie covered "Rosalyn" and "Don't Bring Me Down" by them on his cover album Pin-Ups. I really dig this album.

This is for my fellow prog rock fans. If there are any, ha. If you like King Crimson, you'll probably enjoy this.

U.K. - U.K.

ukwn8.jpg

Also I bought a bunch of Gin Blossoms CDs used. I thoroughly enjoy the songs "Hey Jealousy" "Follow You Down" and "Till I Hear It From You" even though they all sound the same.

/rant

And for shits and giggles because I know no one is reading this here's an interesting article on the music industry and the future of music in general. HERE

I've had this list for over a year and these never seem to get ticked off...

Long list of requests... if you happen to have any of them and wanted to upload them, I would be very ;)

Mike Doughty

Monty are I

Young and Sexy

Dirty Pretty Things

Bell X1

Joy Zipper

The Cribs

Sneaker Pimps

Beth Orton

Tortoise

the Walkabouts

El Caco

American Minor

The Bad Brains

Equalizer

Slightly Stoopid

The only thing I have off that list is Beth Orton:

strangerssmallerol1.jpg

Comfort Of Strangers

This site I came across has The Cribs studio albums:

http://susrocks.blogspot.com/

As for the other stuff, there's this place I love:

http://totallyfuzzy.blogspot.com/

You just type in whatever artist you're looking for in the search box and it comes up with whatever blog has uploaded that artist and tells you what the albums were. It's awesome.

Sorry I can't help with the other stuff... meh.

EDIT shit that picture was huge sorry.

here's one of the greatest rock albums of all time:

u2-rattle-and-hum.jpg

u2 - rattle and hum

i haven't listened to it in forever. i used to be a huge u2 fan. they were the first band i ever really got into. and then that whole popmart/discotheque thing happened, and i turned my back. joshua tree's still decent, rattle and hum's awesome, achtung baby's cool. it's been varying degrees of suck since. but yeah...if you've never heard this album, or never listened to a full u2 album at all, let this be the one you remember them for.