sodamntired

Eternal Sunshine/brain Candy

I think there needs to be a healthy combination of both. If you just want to serve as the medium for other peoples opinions that's fine. I would rather here what you have to think and say rather than some essay. I'm not saying that is what anyone has done in full.

My Problem is I'm used to writing film papers and other art analysis...where it is pretty much all opinion.

This thread discussion belongs in a coffee house off of some campus anyways...and we all need to wear berets and have all the answers

Hey, I know a coffee house of a campus we can use...

EDIT: lol i go to university...

EDIT EDIT: You have to imagine I said that in a very unenthusiastic tone, though.

Edited by ecnarf

I can wholly accept the concept of a confluence of ideas and opinions. My main point was if we ARE going to have an argument about something then we need to employ stronger rhetoric. It is ineffective and useless to argue when you have no basis.

An opinion is fine, but when you want to convince people that your opinion is correct, then back it up, or give it up.

I am so glad that Owen showed up to help defend Adam's side of the debate. I avoided this thread because I thought it was about movies I had never seen. lol

I was quite concerned with some of the opinions I had seen here. Essentially, a lot of you are saying that you wouldn