sodamntired

Eternal Sunshine/brain Candy

after reading 10 pages

why?

Why indeed.

I still stand by my opinion, albeit uneducated and unexperienced. I still see points that I can argue but I will leave it at: everyone has an opinion, not everyone agrees.

Fin

EDIT: I can't believe Anton and Adam had a convo for...what was it 3-4 pages? lol hilarious

Edited by Azalroth

Haha. I started reading the first page after I left and then I thought to myself "this went on for 5 more pages?!" and then I saw Adam and Anton's conversation and was relieved. I don't even feel like getting back into our discussion so we'll leave it at that.

You know who you remind me of, Shade? The people who, shortly after Matthew Good's divorce due to his wife being a golddigging whore, immediately reacted with "I can't wait to hear what interesting music will come out of this."

I still like this one the best.

You seemed fine with my discussion until your pal came in the thread.

We've already been over this.

I'm not too proud to admit to being wrong and I corrected myself...that is part of growing and progressing as a human. Perhaps you need someone to show you examples of this before you can learn you don't have the biggest e-cock here?

It is there...I am pretty sure me and prometheon came to an understanding...if not...well there is further proof of my retardation

I said 'go fuck yourself' because you made a pretty ignorant comment. Looking back I should have just ignored it...and I apologize.

You have to admit you ride on a pretty high horse

Don't think I was offended or need to be apologized to for the go fuck yourself comment. I know that I brought it on myself.

EDIT: Shade, if I could rearrange the alphabet, I'd put your mother and I together.

Edited by ecnarf

Alright, this is getting a little out of hand.

In all honesty I'm not sure if I really like how any of this debate has gone... It however on par with the internet.

Any opinion presented will be meet with vicious and relentless attack. That's not to say that it is not entirely unwarranted. I believe that people who are incorrect should be corrected. However another effect is also in play. People are rarely willing or able to actually examine each others debate and respond with intelligent discourse. All internet argument is inherently devoid of any kind of rigorous proof. I my self am guilty of spouting opinion as fact, with utter disregard to an kind of evidence. For those of you who have read published papers in reputable academic journals, you will note that no statement of major fact in such documents goes without a citation, or presentation of research.

I'm not asking that people prepare essays on their beliefs, but the simple fact that: "An opinion not supported in fact, is a fallacy". You might all find it educational to do a quick google search of your assertions, before stating them.

This comment is intended at all parties, so please don't think that anybody cannot learn something right now (including myself).

On that note, you can either chose to have some kind of discussion, or continue flaming and the thread will be locked.

I don't know about any of you guys, but I just write what I think, I have no intention to convince anyone else my view is the "right" one, simply because I believe there's no right and wrong when it comes to points of view regarding life. People need to lighten up, it's okay to agree, it's okay to disagree, it doesn't have to become personal, condesending or some sort of contest. That's just silly. When people open a thread like this, it's simply because they want to hear other people's thoughts on the subject and that's that.

I don't know about any of you guys, but I just write what I think, I have no intention to convince anyone else my view is the "right" one, simply because I believe there's no right and wrong when it comes to points of view regarding life. People need to lighten up, it's okay to agree, it's okay to disagree, it doesn't have to become personal, condesending or some sort of contest. That's just silly. When people open a thread like this, it's simply because they want to hear other people's thoughts on the subject and that's that.

So am I the only one who really can't stand this whole "Let's hold hands and sit in a circle and sing songs" worldview? If I get into an argument over something like this it's not so I can read someone's opinion and disagree yet (pretend to?) pretentiously respect it. Regardless of the fact that it's the internet or how much swearing is thrown at me I can't take an argument seriously without at, the very least, some logic and reason used, rather than simple assertion of opinion.