RicardoObviouso

Looking For An External Hard Drive

I want to buy an external hard drive for my new laptop. it has to be good quality, small, light, quick and lots of space.

i'm not sure if this makes a difference, but the laptop is a T61, and it will be running xp pro.

considering all of the requirements listed above, if anyone can list some recommendations or choices, please do. thanks

Edited by Snatch Catcher

I suggest anything by Western Digital, I have a good exprience with their external drives. There's a portable line that's smaller and lighter and everything has tons of space nowadays so it shouldn't be a problem.

wtf is a venus enclosure?

and by the way, the hd has to bee good looking.

edit2:

i'm going to go with either lacie little disk

hd_littledisk_2-5_usb.jpg

or

lacie mobile

hd_porschemobile.jpg

unless, of course anyone has something terrible to say about this company's reliability or performance.

Edited by Snatch Catcher

Well I would have suggested my WD 160 gig mini external drive, was about $119 USD.

i bought the lacie mobile hard drive, design by f.a. porsche, 160gb for $101 CAD shipped from toronto.

i'm thinking about getting the lacie hard disk by neil poulton just because its sexy.

hd_hddesignbyneilpouton_triple_4.jpg

i cant believe i'm this interested in computer stuff.

i bought the lacie mobile hard drive, design by f.a. porsche, 160gb for $101 CAD shipped from toronto.

I had a few friends who bought the same one, they all crapped out on them within 2 months.

Just kidding! i know dick-all about external hardrives, im just an ass. sorry.