Guest jjazz

This is honestly one of the most solid albums I've heard in a really long time. I watched The Hour the other day, with George talking to Chris for the majority of the time. He adds a lot of insight to why and how this album was created. Considering the band wasn't really getting along that great, and it looked like they might have broken up for a little while, this is a great final product.

I don`t see the reason for the Death Cab bashing either. Ben Gibbard is a great writer, and the band is wicked tight. Seeing one of their shows will hide away any doubt you ever had in DCFC.

The best thing Ben Gibbard ever did was back-up vocals on lost verses by sun kil moon.

Its all downhill from here for him.

to be a hipster

Guest jjazz

I think Gibbard has proved himself a substantial artist time and time again, and if you're referring to Narrow Stairs as downhill, I would have to disagree.

I'll recognize, it's a bit of a departure from DCFC's previous work, but it's still a really solid record.

To be honest, I think a lot of DCFC's stuff is pretty hit or miss with the exception of anything off Transatlanticism or Plans (which is just a straight pop ballad album). If anything, I'd say they've redeemed themselves with Narrow Stairs, even if the lyrical content isn't as up to par with the rest of their stuff. I admire bands that can get over the hype of themselves, and dive in and do something fun and different because it's what they set out to do in the first place.

Can I just say that I have never bothered listening to more than 20 seconds of Death Cab or Postal Service.

so I don't really care...I'm just being a jerk

Edit: But I can check out an album for shits

Edited by shade

Can I just say that I have never bothered listening to more than 20 seconds of Death Cab or Postal Service.

so I don't really care...I'm just being a jerk

Edit: But I can check out an album for shits

do it.

postal service are slightly better IMO.

death cab are far too earnest and serious, to the point where it either sounds boring or absurd. music for people who wet the bed, i say.